Bathroom starts !

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

No advice from uncle Nick ? ?

Not much you can say about those, other than put up and shut up or yank them off and change direction ( tile )? 
It would drive me nuts, but once it’s on you’ll just adjust and move on with your life. I have stuff in my bathroom that I did a less-than-perfect way, but I did do it over Xmas, and I was pissed most of the time I was tiling. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nickfromwales said:

Not much you can say about those, other than put up and shut up or yank them off and change direction ( tile )? 
It would drive me nuts, but once it’s on you’ll just adjust and move on with your life. I have stuff in my bathroom that I did a less-than-perfect way, but I did do it over Xmas, and I was pissed most of the time I was tiling. 

But I’m sober Uncle Nick !

Tbh Mummy says your best work is when you’re pissed . Back to Texas chainsaw then I guess - some lite relief ...

33 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You know that if you hadn’t done that, one of us would have come there and done it for you. 
See, a night off, and now some clarity. 
Buy some new tiles and make peace with your inner grouting line self. 
And breathe.......

F rocking protagonistic vandals !

I hope all your showers piss water through your ceiling tonight !

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

Doing ok today .

Don’t like the gap between tile and ceiling . Sometimes just on the width of the tile ( 30cm ) the ceiling can be a good 5mm out - bloody plasterer ! . Assume there’s no shame in some simple white beading along the top to hide all this ...

BF1644B8-13BF-46BE-8C52-E7D8A96FDE0E.jpeg

B8CB0108-CA2D-4DA9-8ACF-6E935B339AF5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

That looks a fair bit neater than the first one you did.  Less adhesive in the grout gap.  Can you promise not to use piss yellow grout this time?

It that a very big l-shape to the left of the mirror or did you cheat?

Lol ! Grey grout already here !

How dare you sir ! How dare you suggest a cheat ! Not on my watch !!! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

More and more ....

Notice that though my wall was spirit level straight it is a bit out . So to keep tiles flat I simply beef up the adhesive behind them . Was worried about following a bendy wall ( max deviation about 5mm ) . , so don’t ?

80E0A5F4-8D1C-4060-800D-45F69F53A8B7.jpeg

Struggling today !

First a snapped tile . ??

These recesses are a real pain !

I’ve done the tile cuts around them rough - so either spend hours dremelling them straight or much easier would be to find tile profile with a lip - so it ‘over hangs’ the tile edges - would make life much simpler !!

3EC02851-D5AF-4112-93E9-44767F1EAFE2.jpeg

22FE8CE4-277C-44E5-B07A-1566A723748B.jpeg

19 minutes ago, pocster said:

Struggling today !

First a snapped tile . ??

These recesses are a real pain !

I’ve done the tile cuts around them rough - so either spend hours dremelling them straight or much easier would be to find tile profile with a lip - so it ‘over hangs’ the tile edges - would make life much simpler !!

3EC02851-D5AF-4112-93E9-44767F1EAFE2.jpeg

22FE8CE4-277C-44E5-B07A-1566A723748B.jpeg

FFS, the poshest tile cutter money can buy....are you not marking those tiles and cutting free hand to a marked line?

Thank you, I feel so much better about my bathroom now. 

?

Just now, Onoff said:

FFS, the poshest tile cutter money can buy....are you not marking those tiles and cutting free hand to a marked line?

Thank you, I feel so much better about my bathroom now. 

?

Some of those cuts are dogs . So getting everything to line up just not going to happen . Also the recess boxes appear not to be as accurate as perhaps I would hope . Hence why a tile bead profile that covers the edges solves all the problems . This one in the ensuite took ages to get right with a dremel !!! 

image.jpg