Windows, what’s the problem

Hi all. 

So lots and lots of dramas with windows, I don’t do drama, I’m like James Bond never fazed ??

it looks like most of the dramas are caused by the fitters and not really the windows 

can anybody shed some light on what was wrong, what did the fitters not do, what did the fitters do wrong, how would you put this right next time. 

I intend fitting my own so would would like to know some of the pitfalls before I start. 

Having seen a lot of window fitters on site they don’t look a lot different than the scaffolders so I’m not surprised people have dramas. 

• Haha 1

Window fitters are semi skilled at best Most are pretty Heavy handed and are looking to fit your windows as quickly as possible and tend not to worry if they are not level or square

Either fit yourself or ask your joiner for a quote 

Either you would be far happier with the end result 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

[...]

how would you put this right next time. 

[...]

Closely supervise the process myself.  And the process starts long before purchase.

Your observations are - as usual - perceptive and direct. Perhaps the only way of squaring this circle is to find a supplier who is prepared to let you talk to previous clients. Arrange visits  to look at installations maybe; not sure about how much use that would be.

For me at the time, I was on overload. It was too much to take in.

But now , Hell Fire - now I'd be all over every single thing like a rancid rash.  The client from Hell.  

Polite, focused, smiling , insistent.

And so risk stepping over the line because I would then NOT BE  a  Domestic Client (CDM 2015)  .