Hello (again)

Trw144

So, basically the system is using a radial plumbing arrangement using Henco pipe  - the majority of pipe runs are in 14mm pipe that has allowed me to do long pipe runs without lots of joints, and minimal pipe expansion (due to the aluminium layer in the plastic pipe). The joints are connected by means of a "press gun" that squashes the connectors onto the pipe under high force.

Pretty much each point of use has its own dedicated pipe run from the manifolds, with the shower and bath runs using larger 20mm pipe to maximise flow rates.

The white cylinder is a 300 litre hot water cylinder, with an additional solar coil to input energy from the 6m2 of solar panels on the roof (these pipes are nt yet installed).

Out of shot on the left hand side is a filter and UV steriliser that treats the incoming mains before it passes through the blue 300 litre expansion vessel that has been installed to help maintain a constant water pressure. This expansion vessel has a special valve/connector designed to ensure a constant flow of water through it and this help negate the need for any nasty bacterias to grow.

On the right hand side are what I call "pump stations". These are connected to the flow and return from the boiler, and provide temperature controlled water (by means of a three way valve) to the ground floor ufh manifold, first floor ufh heating manifold, and towel radiator manifold (yes, I decided I may want to adjust the temperature to the towel rail circuit!). The second unit along does not feature a three way valve (only a pump) and provides the heat to the hot water cylinder (when the solar is not siufficient). The pump stations use a clever base casting to allow multiple units to be connected from a single Set of flow and returns.

Above the pump stations is the small three circuit manifold that will give me independent control of each towell radiator circuit.

Not yet connected is the Valliant Ecoled boiler - this will be connected, via a small low loss header, to the punp stations. I have purchased an additional 0-10v controller for the boiler that will allow me to alter the flow temperature based upon the highest current water temperature demanded. Essentially this means the flow temperature will be increased for hot water charging (say 65 degrees), and then outside these times dropped back to say 35-45 degrees in the ufh circuits (weather compensated based on outside temperature).

I thought they were the pump sets from the ST O.o A very commercial inspired install but very neat and well laid out. 

So the pump sets negate any further equipment at the manifold ? Eg you just have flow and return to the manifolds, and they don't have pumps and blending valves at those satellite locations ?

Whats the dip pipe you've fitted to the accumulator? Quite interested in that, but I negate the 'fresh water' issue by buying accumulators which are bottom outlet, rather than the top outlet you've gone with ;) That massively reduces stagnation vs a top outlet one IMO. 

Good to see the Armorflex fitted snugly, and plenty of it. 

8 hours ago, Trw144 said:

Valliant Ecoled

That a typo? Ecotec? 

Have you gone with the system boiler? If so, it has an integral 6m pump so you'd have only needed a zone valve for the cylinder tbh but assume the reason for the stations and pumps is to 'drink' from the low loss header where I also assume the ST and the boiler flows combine. Have you set it up so the ST is able to help with space heating, eg the reason for the low loss header. 

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I thought they were the pump sets from the ST O.o A very commercial inspired install but very neat and well laid out. 

So the pump sets negate any further equipment at the manifold ? Eg you just have flow and return to the manifolds, and they don't have pumps and blending valves at those satellite locations ?

Whats the dip pipe you've fitted to the accumulator? Quite interested in that, but I negate the 'fresh water' issue by buying accumulators which are bottom outlet, rather than the top outlet you've gone with ;) That massively reduces stagnation vs a top outlet one IMO. 

Good to see the Armorflex fitted snugly, and plenty of it. 

That a typo? Ecotec? 

Have you gone with the system boiler? If so, it has an integral 6m pump so you'd have only needed a zone valve for the cylinder tbh but assume the reason for the stations and pumps is to 'drink' from the low loss header where I also assume the ST and the boiler flows combine. Have you set it up so the ST is able to help with space heating, eg the reason for the low loss header. 

Yes the pump stations negate the need for  satellite pumps and blenders - saves pumping higher temperature water around the house and therefore is more efficient, and I just have manifold with individual zone valves in the remote locations.

I ll have to find the detail on the valve on the cold accumulator. One of my employees used to go round looking for/reporting on legionnaires and basically he scared me into adding one!

Yes that's a typo - ordering led lights from Ecoled yesterday so must have got mixed up! Unfortunately RHI doesn't allow ST to go into the heating system so that is only connected to the cylinder. The reason for the low loss was to avoid the pumps fighting each other which my techie was concerned may be an issue (he s my best techie so I generally go along with him) - and I just happened to have a sample one sat on my desk.

Edited by Trw144

I just make a bypass 'rail' out of 22mm which basically travels past the last flow / return connection and links back to itself. 

As long as you've either place the LLH in the airing cupboard or insulated it then the additional losses should be fine, what size is it out of curiosity. ?

10 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I just make a bypass 'rail' out of 22mm which basically travels past the last flow / return connection and links back to itself. 

As long as you've either place the LLH in the airing cupboard or insulated it then the additional losses should be fine, what size is it out of curiosity. ?

Not sure, will measure when onsite or find tech spec for it. It has its own injection mounded insulation jacket.

30 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Very nice and that roll bar will be dead handy for strapping 4x2 to when you pop down the builders merchants for supplies ;) 

Also, it can be used as a measuring stick for people allowed upstairs. If you can t fit in and out of the drivers seat, your too big to go upstairs.