Plasterboard Screws - "Wet" Areas

Onoff

Could your system have more air in it than next door's?  I was surprised how much entrained air we had in ours when we first set it up - took quite a bit of effort to get it properly "burped".  We also had lots of pressure changes until we got that right.

It could possibly be this - I ll leave it a day or so and see what happens, its just frustrating not being able to carry on with the build upstairs until I know. In a way, it would be easier if it was leaking so at least I could get the floor ripped up and get it sorted. I guess if it was a leak then pressure should drop steadily to zero, and at a relatively steady rate.

Its at 4 bar now so should be leaking something I would have thought. I guess the opposite could also be true and it is only leaking below a certain pressure also!

I m going to assume its ok and keep an eye on it. Final floors upstairs are nt going down for a few weeks or so, although I will be pastering beneath so any significant leak will make a bit of a mess.

spreaders, but its sat on battens above the osb floor, with chipboard then on top, so I cant see it from below..

Does mean temperature is likely to fluctuate more than downstairs where it is set in the screed

Edited by Trw144

On 9/12/2016 at 08:31, TheMitchells said:

Okay- what am I supposed to be looking at here?

What is the schoolboy error? Help please for a total plumbing novice.

Look closely and you'll see the screw hole in the batten right where the pipe was.

About £500 to put right and the plumber and decorators didn't charge for their time...

• Like 1

On 12 September 2016 at 08:31, TheMitchells said:

Okay- what am I supposed to be looking at here?

What is the schoolboy error? Help please for a total plumbing novice.

If you have the opportunity to come up from underneath in a straight line to the outlet, the. No.1 error here was bringing the pipes horizontally through such small battens.

I'd avoid that like the plague and I can't see why that can't be avoided if youve got 1st fix going in to a new build. 

No.2 error was the plasterboard guys not marking the location of the pipe so as to avoid putting a screw through it. ;)

I mark the height from the floor to the pipes and write that on the batten with a sharpie, then take a photo on the phone. Very handy as a reference tool for fixing things later down the line eg after tiling etc when you can't remember where any pipes / cables are ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

If you have the opportunity to come up from underneath in a straight line to the outlet, the. No.1 error here was bringing the pipes horizontally through such small battens.

I'd avoid that like the plague and I can't see why that can't be avoided if youve got 1st fix going in to a new build. 

No.2 error was the plasterboard guys not marking the location of the pipe so as to avoid putting a screw through it. ;)

I mark the height from the floor to the pipes and write that on the batten with a sharpie, then take a photo on the phone. Very handy as a reference tool for fixing things later down the line eg after tiling etc when you can't remember where any pipes / cables are ?

Reason to 1) was that this was the external wall and within the airtightness layer, so we were constrained by that - this is probably the only pipe in the build that runs through the service batten - it spurred off the bath, sink and shower feed (all within the cavity) to feed the WC.

2 is a good point though...