Tap Hole Blanks

Onoff

Looking to blank off the bath tap holes possibly. The holes in the tub are 38mm diameter.

20160903_224513

Got a couple of blanks off eBay:

20160903_224606

These though are 41mm dia so barely cover the hole. The threaded section is nom 28mm dia so there's  5mm all round in the hole.

Do they come in larger sizes?

Cheers

9 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Sorted

One for shampoo and one for conditioner. 

:D

Is this helping at all ? xD

Im guessing not :D

ill resist my temptation to post a link to a couple of stem vases so they could become flower holders ;) 

Edited by Barney12

Don't do it.

A blanked off tap hole just screams "cheap" like budget kitchen sinks that have a tap hole at the front and the back so they can be used left or right handed with a blank in the unused hole.

If the bath has tap holes, fit a tap into them.

That's just my opinion.

P.S why is it some bath manufacturers make the tap holes so big?  i have an ongoing problem with a bath that has a shower over it, and the tap hole is so large I struggle to get the hole with the tap in watertight as so little of the tap actually touches the bath, I reckon about 2mm all round in contact with the bath.

I've seriously considered:

- Filling the holes and levelling smooth with fiberglass. Probably a recipe for disaster and ruining the bath.

- Some form of complimentary low profile / low voltage feature light in each (38mm) hole.

I like Nicks dispenser idea. Had a similar issue with a basin. Ended up using the unwanted tap hole for a plug release button.

Perhaps fit a retractable shower head/wand. There are several types..

hob_mount_accent.jpg

2 hours ago, Temp said:

I like Nicks dispenser idea. Had a similar issue with a basin. Ended up using the unwanted tap hole for a plug release button.

Perhaps fit a retractable shower head/wand. There are several types..

hob_mount_accent.jpg

God awful idea! :( And then some!

Maybe on a sink but not here. 

The valves in your pic with the sticking out 1/4" rods are the ones we both dislike. Especially as the "taps" may go to the outside of the bath rather than the wall side. They look just the thing to catch your leg or other saggy bits especially when we're older and its harder to get your leg over.

These are a possible set:

http://www.tapsempire.co.uk/cifial-adele-deck-bath-valves-pair-p-49654.html?gclid=CNCPrfSx-M4CFUsq0wodbjAIwA

Rounded profile gets a tick plus they near match the single basin mixer we like and already have. Ditto there's a near matching shower diverter. They're 50mm high but their slant profile maybe makes them look lower? The ideal would be plain 'ish say 40mm dia, 20mm high knobs.

16 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I fit a lot of those 3 and 4 tap hole arrangements with the retractable shower spray and they're quite popular. 

Different horses for different courses. ;)

Meant to add I don't dislike the retractable shower spray.....but I've only got the two tap holes! Btw where does the "over spray" that runs down the hose go to?

There's a rubber o-ring in the hand spray receiver and the end of the hose is conical, so when the handset is replaced into the receiver the weight of the handset presses against the o-ring and water can then only collect there, fill up and flow into the bath. 

Thats the theory :/