Kitchen Island Philosophy

puntloos

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Hmmm.

Sparklng water tap. Or 350 bottles of champagne & £3.50 change. Tricky.

Ha, thanks Ferdinand, I fully agree that 'fabric' as you say is more important than nice touches. But, with some things the end calculation is actually a tough one. 

For one, 350 bottles is pretty wasteful with all the transport etc.

Fun anecdote: at my work there's a lot of fun discussion on removing water bottles vs taps and it's interesting that for some people, taps promote healthful behavior (if its *really* easy to get water, you drink more, which as a rule is healthful).. but for other people they actually reduce their health because they will pick sugary sodas if a water bottle is not available. 

For me, I think there will actually be a positive health benefit to having a tap with insta-chilled water, but I wouldn't care too much if it's built into my fridge or in a tap..

• Like 1

I know the discussion has moved on a bit, but I managed to get some pics - unfortunately the worktop install has been pushed back till thursday - they forgot to cut one of the holes, and now are saying that they can't put it back on the water cutting table as it's 50/50 whether it will snap. Some negotiating to be done, unfortunately. 

However, here it is so far :) We turned the top drawer fronts upside down as it's not a true handleless kitchen and the j groove would have made the shadow gap too large. We are replacing the drawer runners with push to open/soft close but it's not at the top of the list just now. 

The red tape is to protect the edges - it's not a design choice!T

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

Edited by divorcingjack
  • Like 4