So this is how plumbers do their drain pipe runs....

This is the new build I have been wiring this week.

drain_pipes.jpg

That work of art feeds two bathrooms, so 2 toilets, 2 showers and 2 basins. What you see is under the main bathroom, one 4" branch being for the toilet, the other for the vent pipe. It then passes through a joist at the back of the picture for the en'suite.

So by the time it reaches the furthest toilet, that's about 10 metres of pipe with hardly any fall, and 6 90 degree bends.

Not a rodding point to be seen!!!!.  And how will 2 toilets on the same run work with the vent pipe in the middle?

Did I mention this house is being built by a plumber....

The vent can be anywhere. 

That guys just plumbing it in in the knowledge that it'll work perfectly well just with the flush velocity of the the WC's alone. I've run some near perfectly flat, one for over 5 m's straight, and I'm always surprised at how well they still perform in real life. 

Agree with Tony, that he's not used the space very well and could have got some basic falls in there with ease. Maybe he'll be doing it again if BCO gets a butchers at it :/.   

Is this being checked by BC dave ?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he intends to pop a bit a 4x2 under the pipe at the far end before he's completely finished. Thus creating a gentle fall?

Out of interest are rodding eyes as essential as they once were now there are high pressure air/water clearing systems? Or do you sometimes still need to poke the poo with a stick? :D 

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

The vent can be anywhere.

That guys just plumbing it in in the knowledge that it'll work perfectly well just with the flush velocity of the the WC's alone. I've run some near perfectly flat, one for over 5 m's straight, and I'm always surprised at how well they still perform in real life.

Agree with Tony, that he's not used the space very well and could have got some basic falls in there with ease. Maybe he'll be doing it again if BCO gets a butchers at it :/.  

Is this being checked by BC dave ?

Yes, but I doubt they will be doing a visual.

On my own build the last BC inspection was when they checked the completed timber frame. I asked what was the next inspection they wanted to make and they said "completion"

About the only thing they are ionterested in with drainage is a pressure test.

4 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he intends to pop a bit a 4x2 under the pipe at the far end before he's completely finished. Thus creating a gentle fall?

Out of interest are rodding eyes as essential as they once were now there are high pressure air/water clearing systems? Or do you sometimes still need to poke the poo with a stick? :D 

Insurance policy?

I'd hate to find I needed them 15 years later for some reason.