New build about to break ground - Fresh eyes required!

Hi,

I have been staring at these plans for 3 years now and I need some fresh eyes to see if I am missing something glaringly obvious that needs to change before we break ground.

Any advice appreciated. I already have a thread about the en suite bathroom issue which I think could be fixed - https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/topic/7108-some-design-advice-please-for-a-master-bedroom-thats-just-a-bit-off/

The slider will be a 4 pane slider not bi fold as shown.

Thanks,

B

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Two things jump out at me really. First is the sitting room / WC ratio / layout. I would push the wall across and squeeze the WC and its anti room to make the sitting room a bit bigger a small WC could still be accessible to a disabled user and you will appreciate the space in the sitting room also here you have the WC on the opposite side of the room to that in the ensuite above it so making the foul pipe run more complex than it needs to be. Secondly I am not clear what the 1m gap behind the bed in the master bedroom is for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Two things jump out at me really. First is the sitting room / WC ratio / layout. I would push the wall across and squeeze the WC and its anti room to make the sitting room a bit bigger a small WC could still be accessible to a disabled user and you will appreciate the space in the sitting room also here you have the WC on the opposite side of the room to that in the ensuite above it so making the foul pipe run more complex than it needs to be. Secondly I am not clear what the 1m gap behind the bed in the master bedroom is for.

You want to move te one upstairs not the downstairs one, as at present the ensuite loo is positioned to wake up the people in the other bedroom.

Ideally it would be on one of the side walls.

To make your ensuites feel bigger get a bigger shower ... even say 1m or 1.2m x 900 feels much more spacious than say 800x800.

Ferdinand

• Like 1