Air bricks exposed internally to a garage space.

epsilonGreedy

The garage is a single story detached structure and comprised of two spaces. The smaller space 16ft x 8ft (internal dimensions) will be block and beam with a void that needs ventilation. Given the beam orientation it would be simplest to have airbricks down the external 16ft wall but will this be enough given lack of airflow?

I assume airbricks on the opposite internal garage 16ft wall venting into the enclosed parking space would be a no-no from a building control perspective?

5 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If the garage is enclosed there may be an issue with poor air entering under the building.

Ok so the problem is volatile combustible gases entering the void rather than damp manky void smells entering the parking area of the garage?

Would you not have vents on the opposite wall with a round pipe connector to run the pipe over to the ventilated area. 

Sketch needed. 

Are you saying you have a solid section and a ventilated section 

if that’s what I’m thinking then it’s the round trunking you need with the round to square adapters 

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Would you not have vents on the opposite wall with a round pipe connector to run the pipe over to the ventilated area. 

Sketch needed. 

I like the lateral thinking.

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Are you saying you have a solid section and a ventilated section 

if that’s what I’m thinking then it’s the round trunking you need with the round to square adapters 

Yes.

A workshop & store room situated over the suspended floor with void below then another larger single parking space for a car on a ground bearing slab. I expect the slab to be lower than the suspended floor which might mean the heights are wrong to implement your idea.

My takeway from this thread is that a single wall of airbricks is wrong even for a small void 16ft x 8ft. I will sketch something and run it past my AT and BC guys.