Freestanding bath

nod

We had settled on a freestanding bath for our main bathroom

A touchstone from Bathstore 

£1150 more than we wanted to pay

I thought I’d have one last look on eBay Found the exact same one for &690 new but no original packaging at a clearence warehouse ten miles from we’re we live 

Though it took four of us to lift it upstairs 

DE1EF8C6-7319-43D1-BF35-78148F645F1C.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nod said:

We had settled on a freestanding bath for our main bathroom

A touchstone from Bathstore 

£1150 more than we wanted to pay

I thought I’d have one last look on eBay Found the exact same one for &690 new but no original packaging at a clearence warehouse ten miles from we’re we live 

Though it took four of us to lift it upstairs 

DE1EF8C6-7319-43D1-BF35-78148F645F1C.jpeg

That wall socket's too close to the bath... :)

• Like 1

We have a similar "over sized" bath. SWMBO wanted a big one, the specification being she can submerge with "no bits sticking out" of the water.

Ours is a plastic one we got for £200 from another local self builder after his SWMBO changed her mind. The list price was something like £500

It takes a while to fill as the flow rate from the cheap floor standing bath filler is a bit slow, but she has not complained about that yet.

barhroom_11.jpg

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

We have a similar "over sized" bath. SWMBO wanted a bog one, the specification being she can sumberge with "no bits sticking out" of the water.

Ours is a plastic one we got for £200 from another local self builder after his SWMBO changed her mind. The list price was something like £500

It takes a while to fill as the flow rate from the cheap floor standing bath filler is a bit slow, but she has not complained about that yet.

barhroom_11.jpg

Somewhere to store the boat at least!

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

A bath is a luxury / pamper affair meant to take time so filling slowly is a non issue. You guys don't get it do you? ;)