Urinals - anyone ever considered them?

Vijay

19 hours ago, newhome said:

They are horrible. Another thing to clean and there must be a reason that men’s public toilets always smell disgusting compared to women’s loos. It has to be down to the urinals or the inability of men to use them without spraying somewhere it shouldn’t go surely? Yuk. 

As an aside men’s loos are very different it seems. According to the guys I work with no one talks in there. Ladies however will often chat in the loos, do their hair, lippy, whatever. The bad thing is that ladies always have to bloody queue for the loo at busy events. 

Night Clubs in my era - Mens and Womens loos are same size.  Mens get 8/10 urinals and one or two cubicles.  Women get 5/6 cubicles.  - No wonder there were queues

13 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Fit a urinal in your house and you'll be staying single mate. ;) I would not want my house looking like the pub or the motorway services. 

I'm old fashioned and just pee standing up but actually keep the floor dry. Guys working for me get told with no doubt left that if they piss all over the customers toilet / floor etc they will be paying to clean it up. Pet hate of mine. 

My two boys must re-inact scenes out of Star Wars thinking their dicks are light sabres, brings a whole new meaning to "wet room" grrrrrrr. 

When the actual build was going on the only time the guys came into the house they weren't wanting to pee!

11 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Years ago, when I was doing my yachtmasters practical at Fowey, I saw something similar.  There were four candidates on the boat doing the week long exam, three blokes, one lady, plus the (male) RYA examiner, and we spent one evening not at sea but moored in Fowey, so we all had a run ashore to a pub for dinner.  On returning to the boat all the blokes made a bee line along the decks to hang off the leeward shrouds and "pump ballast".  One mentioned to the lady that this was a major advantage that men had, in being able to just pee over the side.  To our surprise the lady, loosened her jeans, leaned back and demonstrated that women were perfectly capable of peeing over the side too.  There was a moment of bemused silence amongst the male members of the crew, as none of us quite knew what to say.  It was one of the most memorable things about the whole exam, though.

My daughter tried that at 13 months.  Her brother (2 and a half) was learning and having accidents.  She quickly knew what to do - unfortunately her aim wasn't good

11 hours ago, newhome said:

Lol, that would take lots of practice! Respect! For mere mortals there is the shewee ?

I got one - great when out walking - especially where there are nettles - still need tissues though

10 hours ago, newhome said:

I would prefer the bucket approach I think. Nothing like a strong wind coming unexpectedly and blowing it all backwards I imagine! ?

Surely that's even worse with a bucket - it might not even be all your own :(