Slippery shower trays

12 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I have just completed a development (7 no. townhouses - 14 no. showers) and the shower trays are very slippery.  What would anyone suggest?

Complain to the manufacturer as their clearly not fit for purpose!!!

Let them solve the problem. Does it say anything in the manufacturers literature about being non-slip / requiring slip mitigation ?

• Thanks 1

This is probably not the case with them being brand new, but I often find when the bottom of our bath gets a tiny covering of limescale on it, it gets rather slippy, quick go with the cillit bang, and its grippy again, worth a shot even if its just on one of them to try.

On 23/05/2018 at 09:23, Nickfromwales said:

Complain to the manufacturer as their clearly not fit for purpose!!!

Let them solve the problem. Does it say anything in the manufacturers literature about being non-slip / requiring slip mitigation ?

Thanks Nick

It is often the most obvious route that I am blind to. Following your advice I have now contacted the supplier (where we bought most of the sanitary ware) and following a visit from them today they will get back to the manufacturer and hopefully we will get some resolution.

I can understand that showers can be a bit slippery, but once this is wet, it is like it is coated in eel juice!

I will keep you updated, as now we have fitted 14 trays and boarded and tiled the walls any remedy may be "tricky"...

• Like 2