Edpm at edges

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Put the cobra down ! ?

Where does this fit in the plan ?? ??

I'm going to say above the grp and under the block paving...sort of underlay...makes sense...possibly...

Speedy_Gonzales_svg.thumb.png.5a97de1606231d3e06c67f0aa70557fa.png

• Haha 1

Called Cemex out of interest about their waterproof concrete.

He blurbed on quite a bit and CONFIRMED on it's own it is NOT waterproof - but can be part of a waterproof system.

He waffled a lot! ; very technical - so erm yeah; not helpful!

18 minutes ago, pocster said:

Called Cemex out of interest about their waterproof concrete.

He blurbed on quite a bit and CONFIRMED on it's own it is NOT waterproof - but can be part of a waterproof system.

He waffled a lot! ; very technical - so erm yeah; not helpful!

A bit odd bearing in mind they sell it as a fully waterproof ...

The use of specifically designed admixtures provides Readymix Permatite with structurally integral waterproofing, enabling concrete to be poured and compacted with ease...

Would indicate it’s waterproof to me ..!! 

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

A bit odd bearing in mind they sell it as a fully waterproof ...

The use of specifically designed admixtures provides Readymix Permatite with structurally integral waterproofing, enabling concrete to be poured and compacted with ease...

Would indicate it’s waterproof to me ..!! 

Yeah I know !

Ring Cemex Peter and argue with them ?

Perhaps they “backdown “ when you ask if it is 100% waterproof to avoid liability.

He also asked me what I meant by “waterproof” - my response was 100% 

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Not a hope. You will end up with issues and asphalt has joins in that have to be perfect. Go with either replacement EDPM or GRP. 

He said grp would potentially crack .

Edpm I think has been ruled out because the detailing round the gates / entrance etc can’t be done . GRP makes this bit easier though .

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Did you ?

But parking on it ??? Block pavers on it ???

You a roofer @Onoff ; you might aswell be ????

Asphalt to "park" on is a harder beast quite different from roofing asphalt.

Look up Polymer/Permapark, 

Maybe these people:

PERMANITE LIMITED

Cawdor Quarry

Matlock

Derbyshire

DE4 2JH

Tel No.: 01629 580 363

Fax No: 01629 760 993

Another roofer said only system to use for this job is hot melt bitumen ( not to call it ashfelt ) . He was honest and said their systems EPDM and a liquid pvc were no good . Said he’d send me the details of the firm . GRP he confirmed would crack .

Going round in circles here !

I was thinking the gates at the front etc are the detail issue with EDPM. The gates are past the under ground dwelling I.e beyond the exterior wall . I could therefore put blockwork back from that for the edpm ; so it’s just a simple edge .

Edited by pocster

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

Going round in circles here !

I was thinking the gates at the front etc are the detail issue with EDPM. The gates are past the under ground dwelling I.e beyond the exterior wall . I could therefore put blockwork back from that for the edpm ; so it’s just a simple edge .

I think you need a proper drawing of this detail.  TBH you need a proper professional design and spec for the whole roof.  Don't try and design it yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

I think you need a proper drawing of this detail.  TBH you need a proper professional design and spec for the whole roof.  Don't try and design it yourself.

Oh I’m not !

Problem is Architect is very quiet .

One roofer said the problem was the architect just states EDPM- but of course doesn’t understand the detail .....

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Another roofer said only system to use for this job is hot melt bitumen ( not to call it ashfelt ) . He was honest and said their systems EPDM and a liquid pvc were no good . Said he’d send me the details of the firm . GRP he confirmed would crack .

Asphalt...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

are you employing the architect to oversee the work on site?

He’s checked what I’ve done .

So I call him in when I have an issue or when he decides at what stage he wishes to visit . So timber frame up , roof on etc etc 

20 minutes ago, pocster said:

Thinking of calling these 

http://www.singleply.co.uk/resources/roof-refurbishment-cpd/

Because they design a system to suit 

Yes SIG are excellent and deal with many different systems and will take full design responsibility.  You can deal with accredited contractors and get a proper design by and install at reduced risk (although at a price - but at least it will work).

• Thanks 1