Edpm at edges

Not at the site. But took this photo because the gate hinges will need moving up 50mm

What I do notice where the permatec goes vertical up the stone work it does look like it's fully bonded - so *perhaps* flashing isn't required !

image1.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Cpd said:

I assume you will be flashing it anyway along the wall as belt n braces but also to create a nice crisp transition ? 

Roofers been 

He said price didn’t include flashing (ffs) ; but said it did need it and gave me a guys number .

The ‘test’ took all of 4 minutes - guy with a broom type device 

Unbelievable....... you need to triple check your warranty man, to the point of maybe getting a solicitor to verify it...... you also need to flood test it ASAP and triple check all possible points of weakness, like behind the gate pillars...I’m sure they are stand up chaps but to have talked about flashings and then tell you they are an add on is a potential red flag. 

56 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Unbelievable....... you need to triple check your warranty man, to the point of maybe getting a solicitor to verify it...... you also need to flood test it ASAP and triple check all possible points of weakness, like behind the gate pillars...I’m sure they are stand up chaps but to have talked about flashings and then tell you they are an add on is a potential red flag. 

It passed the test so will get the 25 yr warranty .

You are quite right behind the gate pillars was tricky ( they showed me this without me prompting) they’ve ‘poured’ bitumen in that gap . Between the gates the bitumen runs through them so water will run off ( will get a photo up later ) .

I've witnessed hours of water testing on roofs  / facades with no leaks. Then it rains for real and it pisses in! That's the real test imo.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I've witnessed hours of water testing on roofs  / facades with no leaks. Then it rains for real and it pisses in! That's the real test imo.

Couldn’t agree more .

Have completely covered the walk on sky light holes - just waiting for rain .

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Have completely covered the walk on sky light holes - just waiting for rain .

Have you made sure that what you have covered then with is folded down at the edges as otherwise water will track under and either cause you some confusion or a hernia 

1 hour ago, Cpd said:

Have you made sure that what you have covered then with is folded down at the edges as otherwise water will track under and either cause you some confusion or a hernia 

Yep . 

Its ok - I know exactly where to look for leaks .

• Like 1

Ok 

We’ve had fairly decent rain so I went to look at the site . Gates blown open and knocked a window cover over - so water there expected . 2 seem dry . 1 slight water as expected . Other not so sure ( the smaller one with water tracking marks from the corners .

Remember no flashing at the moment 

18903725-88E3-44B6-AAE0-1DA4E63A9704.jpeg

2EFE4256-1633-401B-BD32-DAB0436E65B7.jpeg

005D8305-46A2-40B6-A9C2-A4B17F8A3F7B.jpeg

F998C1BA-84A4-46F2-A541-936CBD00C300.jpeg

Edited by pocster

1 hour ago, pocster said:

So !

i hose that corner wall for a good 10 minutes. Run underneath- can’t see any obvious difference ! ?

What I meant is the water track marks from the corners look the same ! Not good news .

• Sad 1

Dumb question.

I've seen LOTS of condensation before in the basement area i.e. droplets on the concrete ceiling with no track marks,

On these window corners as a test ; if I foam gunned come PIR to the problem areas and indeed even up the inside of the upstand.

*In theory* after rain etc. if I removed the stuck PIR and no water tracking was visible on the concrete then that would confirm it's a condensation issue where the concrete reaches dew point.

Dumb idea? or just incorrect! 

really tricky to differentiate between condensation and water ingress in this situation....... I suppose by lagging the cold spots in theory should eliminate condensation from this area but it may just form on the next coldest spot......  

5 minutes ago, Cpd said:

really tricky to differentiate between condensation and water ingress in this situation....... I suppose by lagging the cold spots in theory should eliminate condensation from this area but it may just form on the next coldest spot......  

I know I know !

Want to blame condensation- but in my heart think it’s a leak !

Might try my PIR experiment and also flash that far wall then see .

What a bitch ! 6 months to be no further - keeps me awake at night ?

Don't do this, WAIT for someone more knowledgeable to comment...

That inside concrete reveal under the roof lights, could you paint that with black concrete paint so you can see if water runs down it. Thinking bare concrete will soak anything up?

Edited by Onoff
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Don't do this, WAIT for someone more knowledgeable to comment...

That inside concrete reveal under the roof lights, could you paint that with black concrete paint so you can see if water runs down it. Thinking bare concrete will soak anything up?

No idea mate ! I’m spent ?