window lead/install times

Alexphd1

Thank you. That's similar to my company quoted. But I was more meaning true length Inc installation any problems etc. I am trying to figure it if I am being unreasonable. I was expecting final window and all problems sorted out next week...

Kastrup and Internorm windows and doors now fitted. Took about 12 weeks from initial deposit. Fitting and manufacture issues still not resolved 4 weeks later.

Balance of payment outstanding until all issues sorted.

Edited by JamesP

Thanks for the replies. Just what I was thinking. We paid deposit in october, waiting for final date for replacement panes expect 6-8 weeks from now. 

Edited by Alexphd1

• 2 months later...

We are in the same position. Ordered windows last September and expected delivery December. Wrong, apparently it was always January but the communication from the relevant company has been awful. January came and then the timber frame manufacturer had omitted to remove a structural post from the drawings he had sent to the window company and thus we needed a corner post which would take another 12 weeks. The window manufacturers would not let the windows be fitted due to the missing corner as they said that they could not guarantee water getting into the frames whilst the post was made. When the windows where fitted we had faulty triple glazed units that needed replacing (2.5m  x 2.7m sizes), missing cill sections, damaged items, wrong window section to go next to sliding doors etc which as you have guessed involved another 12 weeks. As well as the faults with the windows the fitter's left two windows leaking water and drilled through from the inside to out leaving a large screw sticking out of the brand new aluclad cill.? During this time I was chasing the corner post as it was needed to fit the sliding doors and when it did turn up (yes, you could not believe it but when it goes wrong, it goes wrong)............................... it was damaged!! The Aluclad section had two large dents in it and the corners had been bent over so was completely useless. This item had travelled from Austria in bubble wrap and nothing else and now we had windows fitted but no corner post so we could have been in this position  back in January and at least been watertight. THEN we found out the window company had outstanding debts with the window manufacturer that delayed us another 12 weeks before the new window could be ordered and now we are expecting the outstanding window and outstanding issues to be resolved this month but are are we confident that this will happen, NO. 

This is a very condensed version of events and is a lot worse than it reads. I have not been putting it on BH basically as we have just tried to carry on with our lives and wait for the windows to be fitted. Be assured our day will come as we have a large retainer and they will not be seeing much of this by the time we have finished with them. The windows we have chosen are amazing and the fact that we have chosen a really poor window company who by the way no longer deal with the window manufacturer after they have completed outstanding installations was a bad decision but how do you know about these things.

During these 12 months we have not been able to do anything as we cannot do the pressure test so we have just done bits here and there.We could not have done much to the house anyway as we where relying on selling a building plot which we have just sold so hopefully if the new window fits and all the other faults are corrected then we can move forward. 

One of the reasons we have not let it get to us is people's experience of stress on here and we very suddenly lost a good friend recently and have another friend who is very ill at the moment so it puts our window experience into perspective. I am already bald so there is not much that can go wrong there so fingers crossed things can only improve! 

• Sad 3

@Pete no need to ask who your window manufacturer is.  We too had a dreadful supplier/installer of these beautiful windows all sorts of issues and had to use retention to get another company in to sort and they will never be perfect but at least they are in and don't leak now.  Our supplier/installer was also removed from manufacturer list at the time we were trying to resolve all this - the removal from list was nothing to do with us - I looked the other day and see they have been reinstated.

There are quite a few who have had issues with this company on this site. It is a shame as they are a quality product and look amazing. The difference they make to the internal environment on our build is fantastic. All I can say is that I have the contact numbers of the main people in the UK of this window manufacturer and they are changing the way they do certain things in the future which although will not help us maybe assist others.

I feel for you, your story does sound similar to mine.  I am pretty sure we have different manufactures and  installers/UK agent.

Maybe I am wrong but I do have faith they will sort it out but does it really need to be this difficult?

5 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

I feel for you, your story does sound similar to mine.  I am pretty sure we have different manufactures and  installers/UK agent.

Maybe I am wrong but I do have faith they will sort it out but does it really need to be this difficult?

That is why I probably go overboard praising people when we receive good service. Treat people as you expect to be treated does not seem to be a lot of people's motto!

• Like 2