Thank You

Mikey_1980

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone from Ebuild and Here, the carpets went down yesterday and we spent the first night (on camp beds) in the house last night. The furniture and cooker still needs to be delivered but the caravan went this morning so we are officially living in the new house, there is still some finishing off to do mainly painting internally and the landscaping externally which starts Monday mow the caravan has gone but the end is in sight, 12 months of planning and 7 months of building are nearly at end but it wouldn't if been possible without eveyone help advise and guidance, a special mention to Jeremy as well for taking the time to show us around and talk to us at length about his project and giving us the confidence to become self builders. Here is what it presently looks like and what it looked like at start.

20160630_123430.jpg

2015-11-01_16.05.41.jpg

• Like 5

That's is a mighty fine looking house you have built there. Congratulations and I bet your glad to see the back of the caravan.

Oh and the joys if a self build mean there is always something left to do to keep you occupied for another few years.

Edited by Declan52

Thank you, yes it was getting a bit cramped with a 3 and 5 year old, although when the guy picked up our caravan today he said he once dropped one off to a couple when the lady was 6 months pregnant and the child was 3 when he went back to collect it.

• Like 1

I did slightly worry for a moment that those pictures were in "before" and "after" order ;)

But being serious; fantastic result and darn good looking property.

P.S. Just put a level on that whirly gig, I think its a bit out ;)

The whirly gig is level its the house that out.  That was from panic stations last night when we found out they were coming to collect the caravan this morning and there was 25 tonne of railway balast and other things dumped in front of it. I had to barrow by hand all night and this morning to get it out of the way.

Looks really great, Mike, and thanks very much for the kind words, they are much appreciated.  Given the lovely rural outlook from your new house, I think it's going to look absolutely stunning when the landscaping is done.  For me, getting the outside tidied up, paved and grassed has been a big psychological boost to get the final details finished. 

Unlike you, we're not moving in until it's finished, as I know what I'm like - stuff will remain unfinished for years unless I stick to my resolution to finish it properly before we move in!