Ooooops - Flowers Needed!

I've just had to send my first bunch of flowers to our nearest neighbour. Our tree surgeon took it upon himself to build what I can best describe as a 'funeral pyre' and smoked out the entire area.  He was round here kicking off and of course just to add to the misery I wasn't home and SWMBO got an earful so I'm unpopular twice over!

Building can be such a joy. :(

18 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

:D its happened now, all you can do is apologise and i think flowers are a very kind gesture. 

what are you doing with the rest of the wood?

He's taken it away on the back of a huge logging trailer. He'll take it back to his yard and apparently turns it into garden sleepers and fire wood (which he sells). The net result is I got a cheap(er) job. £700 (no vat) for the removal of two very, very large trees did seem like a good price. The climbers took a day to top them and remove the sides, then two days to fell and clear. Oh sorry +£30 for the flowers!! 

9 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just why is setting fire to stuff soooooo damn satisfying? 

"Man make fire". 

I agree. It has to be instinctive to "man". We are just hard wired to burn stuff :)

oh and in my case eat food thats bad for me :D 

I tended to not worry too much about bonfires, except when people light them on a still evening when there is an inversion and the whole damned valley fills with smoke.  Since having an MVHR I am FAR more concerned about them.  The MVHR has the unfortunate effect of filling every room in the house with smoke, unless you are quick enough to turn it off as soon as you get the first hint that someone's having a bonfire nearby.  It is one of the major flaws with them that rarely seems to be mentioned.

I managed to set fire to my one ton bag of fresh firewood the other day. One beer too many and the bag must have been pulled too close to my chimnea. Result is that out of the 24 odd plastic corrugated roofing sheets, round 23 of them 'may' need to be replaced. Gutted. 

Thank F the bag was only about a 1/4 full. 

Dark day, that one. ??