Jeld Wen Windows

stevet

I am considering purchasing Jeld Wen Stormsure Standard casement Windows and would appreciate any views from people you have either bought them or considered buying them.

My focus is on the perceived quality of the product and overall customer service. I have noted a few comments in the forum, though by and large they were sparse on content.

Thanks

Steve

3 hours ago, stevet said:

I am considering purchasing Jeld Wen Stormsure Standard casement Windows

[...]

I have noted a few comments in the forum, though by and large they were sparse on content.

@stevet, you'll get a better response if you target your question (or any question, in fact)

First, show us what research you have already done. Like this, maybe....

I've run a BH site-wide search for Jen Wen windows. In addition, I've done a Google search and found this 

(Because we don't want to tell you what you already know)

In terms of quality, I'm interested in [......]

(Why get responses about quality issues that are irrelevant to you ?)

End to end customer service is also important to me: @Crofter, @Gimp, @AliG, what was your experience? 

(Naming people flatters them -you've  searched for and read their content- targets them [they may have set up an alert for mention of their name] because you have named them; and asks them directly for feedback)

Then

If there's no response, drop those members a PM.

That way everyone's clear what you have done, what interests you in particular, and begins to build bridges - who knows what might happen?

A quick note on terminology and tags

Jeld-Wen

Jeld Wen

Jeldwen

Jeld-wen

JeldWen  ......... Which ? Because nobody knows how people are going to type your key term; the site search uses tags to search for content more quickly.

Use the tag facility under the heading: it will speed up the search system we run.  Put any relevant tag in - every tag helps.

Ian

3 hours ago, stevet said:

I am considering purchasing Jeld Wen Stormsure Standard casement Windows and would appreciate any views from people you have either bought them or considered buying them.

We have used Jeld Wen windows in our garden room as they more than meet the requirements for a workshop / hobby room and its not fully passive like the rest of the house. I have to say that for the price the engineering of them is very good and although we had a problem with one component being machined wrongly that was fixed in a couple of days by the arrival of a whole new frame, no questions asked. The metalwork is good, robust, and not in any way 'nasty' the sealing did leave a bit be desired but I was able to fit additional sealing sections and have now got the big, 5 fold, door working very well - perfectly sealed and no leaks despite the snow. We had to paint ours as they don't do the colour we needed but the finish was perfect and took the 6 coat system (weather shield) very well. The only frustrating bit of the job was the assembly guide for the big window as this was good up to a point but then fell over in the way it presented inside and outside views of things the wrong way up and it was hard to work out which side was which. Anyway after a lot of head scratching we got it all sorted and the whole job took about a day of fitting.

PS we purchased ours through this firm (https://www.distinctivedoors.co.uk/) they seemed to know what they were about, small family run by the sounds of it, you get an impression for a business when the delivery driver, employed directly by them, tells you he has been there years and loves the job. If all he got was grief I suspect he would be elsewhere by now. Naturally my experience may be unique, but I was pleased by the service I got.

Edited by MikeSharp01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got Jeldwen Stormsure timber casement windows in the garage flat, workshop and store. I think they represent excellent value for money. The ones in the garage flat have been in for 4 years and show absolutely no sign of wear. Zero drafts, zero defects. 

My local Jewsons matched the lowest internet prices I could find. Shop arround, prices vary greatly. From memory 35% off list is pretty standard. 

Actually to be frank they open and close more smoothly than my bloody Internorm windows! They also didnt need constant adjustment or leak like my Internorm windows !! :/ 

Edited by Barney12
Typo

Must be some confusion somewhere. I have Rationel windows. So far I they seem good and there are no issues although I haven’t really had much cause to contact them.

One thing not specific to them was I ordered a colour that was not a standard RAL colour. This created a nightmare trying to get garage doors to match.  So when ordering windows I would consider if you want doors, rainwater goods etc to match them and if that is possible.

• Like 1

I used Jeld wen in the SIP cottage I built and are currently living in whilst  our new house is finished.

My only issue is that the handles have tarnished and sort of corroded the finish. However in terms of build quality and performance i cannot complain and have had no issues

Ours were off the shelf through Jewsons