Examples of use of Mirrors

This is an example of the use of a picture wallpaper and a large mirror in my Hilton Doubletree Hotel room in London last week,

Very effective.

The room was about 21ft x 12 ft, with the corner taken out for a large shower room.

This is the lobby with floor to ceiling treescape wallpaper, and a floor to ceiling mirror opposite.

image.jpeg

And this is the view from the bed.

image.jpeg

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 2

Very good effect - I often take photographs of places we stay.  One i really liked was a bathroom with a large door that swung round to create a separate loo if someone was in the shower.  ideal for couples who need to go but are sharing a bathroom.

Heh. The night before it was a 330 sqft :corner suite -) in the Kensington Hilton.

Following the Ebuild thread about rewards etc back in Feb/March, I have managed to manipulate my way to top tier Hilton Diamond status - so it was book a standard room in the sale in March for £103 (ish) inc VAT, then there's usually an auto-upgrade to the Executive Floor and King room or sometimes suite, welcome drink and a couple of bits and pieces, 3 or 4pm checkout, and complimentary breakfast. Not a bad deal at all.

Here are a few more pics (give me a bit to add them from the iPAD):

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

Nespresso machines in London hotels are now a defacto item as they have popped up everywhere. 

I stay at the Amba just off Marble Arch - permanent upgrade and exec lounge access, and usually an exec king or similar .. 

Some of the cheapest but best rooms in town can be the apartments - I used to use Bridgestreet and I had the penthouse of Atelier which is between Farringdon and Holborn for £120 a night ..! They sell the rooms off on Laterooms to fill the gaps between the long term bookings. 

Referring to my extra pics, that illuminated shelf (with a separate lightswitch) would work quite well as a light for nighttime.

The strip light in the mirror is good, but looks expensive. The previous people in my own house installed something similar

Thinking back to the top post with the reflected wallpaper, it would work very well opposite a large window or some plants.

Ferdinand

Illuminated mirrors have come down in price a lot - most of the ones that are lit are also heated, and they fit into a steel box backing. 

We have one that has an IR sensor under it for switching on and off and its useless !!! On its second switch and have now given up and left it....