Fallingditch

80w outdoor warm white floodlight - any recomendation?

My new build is three storey. I fitted an 80w warm white LED floodlight, 14m up at the apex (unable to say how many lumens). Controlled by a separate PIR controller. Sourced it from ebay. It lasted two months. 

I am very happy with the level of illumination it gave. and the warm white light colour. But refitting it will be (ahem) a pain. So I want to buy a replacement which is likely to last.

Anyone have any experience of a reliable, higher power, warm white LED floodlight?

Why did it need to be that high. I would go no higher than you are comfortable with on a 2 section ladder.  That 14M would probably need my 3 section ladder and it becomes harder.

IMG_20171025_175156.thumb.jpg.ed6a4488ec0f34f9ab839ef99fbe7536.jpg

Aesthetics, I suppose you'd say. It was installed when we had a cherry picker. I didn't expect it to blow that quickly. 

I agree with you about two section ladders. You won't catch me up a three section. I will have to find a window cleaner/electrician. 

Edited by Fallingditch

That house would look right, with a little door in that gable end to give access to the light from the loft space :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ProDave said:

That house would look right, with a little door in that gable end to give access to the light from the loft space

+ a little joist above the door with a block an tackle to lift the flour sacks up to the roof space.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeSharp01 said:

+ a little joist above the door with a block an tackle to lift the flour sacks up to the roof space.

Or to lift you up to change the bulb in the light ...... 

I envisage a trap door, and a clever hinge mechanism to lower the light fitting into the door opening for servicing.

The beam for the block and tackle would make it look the part.

On 17/12/2017 at 18:30, MikeSharp01 said:

IMG_20171220_153551.thumb.jpg.31013cc4bbbca0aee44ff59d9d699c00.jpg

Flour sacks go up the front LOL