Plasterboard behind kitchen cabinets

PeterW

What is the opinion of the collective about plasterboarding behind the kitchen base units...? I'm considering leaving it off as it means I can first fix the hot and cold pipework now rather than wait until I've got boards on the walls. There are no wall units going up so it only gives me a saving of a couple of boards but its more a time issue.

Thoughts..?

• Like 1

Erm.......just get the boards on ? Lay them horizontally if you need the upper parts of the walls still exposed ? 

Fixing the u it's back so the depths right will be a pita, plus you'll need it at 800 and upwards to fix and have something for the worktop to push back to. Sorry, not one I'd pursue tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Lesgrandepotato said:

Board and skim, you’ll hate yourself when you change the kitchen if not.

Funny you say that ..... now considering tiling the whole of the floor before the half height stud wall goes in as it will mean that in the event the kitchen does get changed, the floor will be in tact and not need re-laying ...

Sounds like a change of plan to me ..!

• Like 1

I boarded and skimmed everywhere, even behind where I knew cabinets would be, and also laid all the flooring right up to the walls under the cabinets.  I didn't fit skirting, but I did bond on some wide white PVC angle into the wall/floor corner behind all the units and sealed it well with silicone.  The idea was that if there should ever be a leak, the water wouldn't be able to get at the walls (the flooring is travertine stone).