Issues with I-joist fitting

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

my car insurance cover the damage I do to others

But it says that is covered and we all pay towards that risk.

PI will say that reasonable skill must be applied.

PI is very expensive even with the qualifications and experience. I think we paid £25k (current equivalent) per annum for 30 years, and no claims. 

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

was all that osb on the floor covered in puddles just temporary ?

It’s not OSB on the floor - it’s actually muddy concrete! I think it’s a artefact of the photo that makes it look a lot like OSB. 

Regardless whether the builder will fix the defects they do need to be fixed so that you can move on. When it happened to us the remediation was done through a combination of the  Heb Homes builder, and the joiner I’d hired and me. My focus was getting the build back on track so it cost me extra money which HH have verbally agreed to reimburse. 

Edited by Kelvin
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update:

The builder has returned from holiday and replied to our email.

He said that he is prepared to address the issues without arguing the toss (although he did then go on to point out why he thinks it’s all a big fuss over nothing…) 

He has said that he won’t replace the little OSB packers that sit under the joists on top of the ground floor wall as he believes the compressive strength is sufficient for them not to compress over time (he quoted a measure of 15.4N/mm2 compressive strength on horizontal use). I don’t have a problem with that. 

Whilst we didn’t much appreciate the tone of his response, which was rather tetchy and a bit defensive, we are expecting him to now put things right. Watch this space!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omnibuswoman said:

He said that he is prepared to address the issues without arguing the toss

Hiya.

If you want a bit of moral and technical support give me a call and we can chew the fat. Text me first as you know Im a bit of a deafy.

Edited by Gus Potter
  • Thanks 1