Normal for Norfolk

Don33e

Hi All,

I was recommend to join this forum some time ago by @Pocster, I have always wanted to build my own house, but a porch, rear extension and above the garage will have to do for now.

I am sure I will have loads of questions, and request some feedback etc....

Cheers

Don

Edited by Don33e
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Don33e said:

Hi All,

I was recommend to join this forum some time ago by @Pocster, I have always wanted to build my own house, but a porch, rear extension and above the garage will have to do for now.

I am sure I will have loads of questions, and request some feedback etc....

Cheers

Don

You sure it was me ???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 12/08/2024 at 21:24, Chanmenie said:

Welcome from another Norfolk member 

We love Norfolk, spent the last couple of days there, going backwards and forwards round the Norwich ring road - one thing we can say is that the diesel is cheap up there, and the pan tiled roof's, the North Norfolk coastal path, big skies only a couple of draw backs- the two lane section of the M11 and the roundabouts on the A11, sort them and it will be even more of a pleasure to visit!

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

It has a motorway, my nearest is over 100 miles.

Nope, no motorways in Norfolk, but not 100 miles to the M11 - the closest I suspect maybe 40 miles. The M11 gets gets you to the bottom of the A11 which is still in Essex - the A11 / A14 bit of the run is good through Cambridgeshire & Suffolk then, when you switch back to the A11 and head for Norwich and into Norfolk, they hit you with a selection of annoyingly busy roundabouts interspersed by some great bits of dual carriageway. 

20 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

A11

I got caught speeding on the A11.

5 points and a £270 fine.  That was a 23 years ago.

They are only used to tractors.

Edited by SteamyTea

7 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

We love Norfolk, spent the last couple of days there, going backwards and forwards round the Norwich ring road - one thing we can say is that the diesel is cheap up there, and the pan tiled roof's, the North Norfolk coastal path, big skies only a couple of draw backs- the two lane section of the M11 and the roundabouts on the A11, sort them and it will be even more of a pleasure to visit!

why would we want to sort out the roads, that will just bring more tourists 🤣

1 hour ago, LSB said:

why would we want to sort out the roads, that will just bring more tourists 🤣

Tourists pay my wages, I want more.

Tourist numbers in Cornwall are down 40% this year, that is partly down to the decline in holiday homes.

1 hour ago, MikeSharp01 said:

what way have they declined one wonders, fewer of them

According to the local rag, many have gone back to residential properties, rather than holiday let business.

From chatting to other people it seems that many if the smaller, cheaper, hotels are below capacity.

We are having a good summer, which is strange as the weather has been been good, visitor attractions generally do better on rainy days.  Yesterday was a record day, third this summer.

Only 3 more weeks of summer left, roll on September.

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Only 3 more weeks of summer left, roll on September.

Don't say that as I only get to build full time in the vacation - then I am back on the semi retired part time role I have.

On 14/08/2024 at 06:52, MikeSharp01 said:

Couple of draw backs- the two lane section of the M11 and the roundabouts on the A11, sort them and it will be even more of a pleasure to visit!

We keep it like that to deter visitors 😃