Cat6a cable everywhere, um, now what?

1 hour ago, LnP said:

He said it was because metal foil VCL interferes with the wifi. Is this overkill?

As mentioned, the foil is only on the external walls, so doesn't interfere with internal Wi-Fi. It does stop the signal from getting outside the house, so plan for an external AP if you want Wi-Fi in the garden. I have two Unifi AP's internally and they give very good coverage across a 465m² footprint. The outside AP extends to 100m with line of sight, and around 40m - 50m with obstacles (outbuildings and hedges) 

• Thanks 1

As I was a bit of a trendsetter over a decade ago when I ditched a fixed line and went 'mobile only' like 30% of households are now, and as you can get 5G for £12/month, why is anyone (except if you live like the mountain men in Deliverance) getting a fixed line and all the infrastructure to shift it around the house?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Lots of the countryside doesn’t have 5G or sometimes any mobile signal at all (Cornwall, last time I was there).

As I said, The parts of Cornwall (Down the Lizard) is Deliverance land.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

As I said, The parts of Cornwall (Down the Lizard) is Deliverance land.

I believe the film was actually filmed in Cornwall and they used real locals in it to get that authentic feel …

Burt Reynolds I think was immortalised in his role when universally he was just cast as the comedy cool guy I.e cannon ball run .

Showed he could act in deliverance . Superb film even if it is about Cornwall 

Edited by Pocster