Shed / Sauna base on slope

I am looking to build an outside sauna, which basically is a posh shed, which will be supplied in kit form and I am looking for some ideas on how best to approach the base.

This is a rural farm location and the chosen spot is on a bit of a slope. I have provided a couple of pictures to give you a rough idea. The shed / sauna is going to be a about 4.2m x 3.6m in size and the suppliers recommend a series of plinths to go under the supplied floor beams, spaced at specific points.

You will see in the picture there are some small self seeded trees I will be removing and then I was considering using a digger to scrape away about half of the height difference from the higher points and then putting type one down and whacking down to try and make a level(ish) surface. I have about 30 heavy duty old 600x600 slabs which I could put down on a suitable concrete / sand mix, which I can then lay concrete blocks on as the plinths to keep the shed base off the floor. I wasn't sure if the slabs are necessary and maybe the concrete blocks on the type 1 would be sufficient ? Should I be looking to use cement mortar to lay the blocks to help get everything level ?

I have also looked at the ground screw option which I believe may be a more simpler approach and allow easier adjustments to get things level but will come at extra cost.

I would love to hear any ideas on the bets way to approach this.

14 minutes ago, gaz_moose said:

you forgot to attach your drawings.

Sorry, no idea why they didn't upload but hopefully they will work this time.

BAse instructions.jpg

slope.jpg

slope - wide shot.jpg

3 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Traditionally sauna floors are timber planks.

This is quite useful as it makes hosing down easy.

Yes, my issue with not uploading the pictures probably didnt make this clear but the kit is comes with a complete floor and frame but it needs to be raised off the ground.

Ha, it's a nice idea but being halfway down a valley and a little exposed to the elements, I fear I will find it in at the bottom of the valley in the river one morning. It definitely needs to be secured to the ground somehow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I would favour ground screws, simple, effective, quick.

Thanks, I am guessing they would cost quite a bit more but probably more in keeping with my skills.

There are many suppliers but can anyone recommend one ?

56 minutes ago, pstunt said:

I am guessing they would cost quite a bit more

Maybe but easy to adjust height, saves digging, mixing concrete, buying blocks. Plenty on EBay.( If I build a garden room I am going to use them).

Edited by joe90

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Maybe but easy to adjust height, saves digging, mixing concrete, buying blocks. Plenty on EBay.( If I build a garden room I am going to use them).

Thanks for all this. I am going to now look closer in to them and get some costs.

i joined a garden room facebook page and a few people have had dramas with getting ground screws put in as they have ended up being slightly out of position.

i would probably dig a hole and concrete in some threaded rod.