Is this tube of Silicone Sealant probably "dead"?

In a few months time I will need some silicone lead and gutter sealant, and have found that I have an unopened tube of "Dow Corning, Trade Mate, Silicone Lead and Gutter Sealant", but I know that I bought it sometime between 2007 and 2014, and it's been sitting in the cold of a garage every winter since then.  So, Can anybody with experience of this particular product tell me if it's likely still to be usable?  Pic below.

Thank you.

David.

20240614_165835.thumb.jpg.a2e8805e70690230ff18bc4a8682ed26.jpg

8 minutes ago, David001 said:

Can anybody with experience of this particular product tell me if it's likely still to be usable

Best guess - If it's wet enough to come of the nozzle should be ok 

Open it the day before you want to use it, if hard, get down to the shops and buy new. Or as @SteamyTea say just buy some more anyway. If the old stuff is ok, you keep the new tube for another decade or so.

It's like the lottery. Do you like the odds? If it looks OK but then fails in use, what would it be worth to you not to have that hassle? As much as I like to save a few quid by buying in multiples or bulking up to avoid shipping costs, I've learnt my lesson on things like sealants and glues and always make sure they are within their usable date range. Even if you turn to Amazon rather than builders merchants, you're talking sub £9 for a new one including delivery. Worth the risk?

• Like 1

@JohnMoand @garrymartin, thanks for helping my decision-making.  Money is short, we live 25 minutes' drive from any shops, and orders from online take weeks to come because the delivery companies don't like coming all the way out here unless they can deliver to a good number of people at the same time.  Hence my caution. 😁

• Like 1