Does anyone with MVHR have annual internal temperature and humidity data?

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

I do. The only problem is that I have it individually for each room of the house and you can only see the data 24hr at a time. 

Easy enough to concatenate files with the command prompt:

Think if your design requires a tight control on internal or external humidity, I think you change design.

Summer humidity even with MVHR is all over the place, especially if you are cooling, have the windows open or both.

We were hot this morning, cooling on (always on really in summer) 59% at midnight and by 8am at 69%, house basically cooler than outside. House between 20 and 22 outside 22 to 25. Over the last month has been mid 50s and above.

Posted (edited)
On 05/08/2024 at 20:52, JohnMo said:

Summer humidity even with MVHR is all over the place, especially if you are cooling, have the windows open or both.

We were hot this morning, cooling on (always on really in summer) 59% at midnight and by 8am at 69%, house basically cooler than outside.

It takes moisture vapour hours to travel through the thickness of plasterboard*, so daily variations are immaterial. It's the flow over the course of weeks that's important, and that's where real-world data would be very helpful.

*e.g. Mortensen, L. H., Rode, C, & Peuhkuri, R. H. (2005). Full scale tests of moisture buffer capacity of wall materials. In G. Johannesson (Ed.), Proceedings ofthe 7th Symposium on Building Physics in the Nordic Countries (Voi. Volume 2, pp. 662-669). The Icelandic Building Research Institute, IBRI.  https://findit.dtu.dk/en/catalog/537f0d1c7401dbcc12009157

On 05/08/2024 at 18:56, SteamyTea said:
On 05/08/2024 at 17:07, Adsibob said:

I do. The only problem is that I have it individually for each room of the house and you can only see the data 24hr at a time. 

Easy enough to concatenate files with the command prompt:

I'm sure that I can manipulate data provided in any format, by the minute, day or whatever, as long I know what it all represents.

Edited by Mike

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

takes moisture vapour hours to travel through the thickness of plasterboard*, so daily variations are immaterial.

So minimum humidity monthly average (May) was 52%  then in June average starts to increases to 60%. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm sure that I can manipulate data provided in any format, by the minute, day or whatever, as long I know what it all represents.

I’m not sure you can if the “data” is basically an image, like this, for each room of the house and for each day of the year:

IMG_9770.thumb.png.46139f2eea3581962280431d5ee48617.png

On 07/08/2024 at 19:42, Adsibob said:

I’m not sure you can if the “data” is basically an image, like this, for each room of the house and for each day of the year:

Yes, somewhat tricky if you have no access to the data...