Safe to rebuilt main wall back or Not?

ok im after clarification and i need to make a decision.  i started a side extension, due to issues with builders i stopped.  i have a manhole in the way also which i believe is a private drain serving only my bathroom kitchen.

now i started extension, laid foundations with concrete.  the main external wall knocked out and a supporting steel put in.   if i cancel the extension i need to put the main external wall back up, the footings to this main wall is about 400mm or so.  the foundations to build the brick work up has been preety smashed up due to  a block and beam floor going in which will get removed.

BC say if i build the external wall back up it needs to be dug with foundations 800mm to match the foundation where the extension was going to go up.  my concern with doing this is the original wall foundations around the rest of the house are about 400mm.  so will rebuilding the external wall with 800mm foundation cause any issues like cracks, subsidence or any movement later on with house?  see pic below

main wall.jpg

27 minutes ago, vik2001 said:

will rebuilding the external wall with 800mm foundation cause any issues like cracks, subsidence or any movement later on with house? 

There's always a risk, but the BCO is king and should - hopefully - know the local conditions. In theory would be possible to insert movement joints. I'd probably just remove any loose material, tamp down the trench bottom and get on with it, unless you have a particular reason to be concerned.

The alternative would be to get a structural engineer's design that the BCO is happy with.

Bco wants it dug a metre, but the foundation on side extension which I didn't go ahead with is 800mm so he agreed to keep it same.

Where the wall I want to build back up will involve cutting some of the floor back on original house to get 600mm width for foundation 

It seems a shame after all the work and money spent so far to abandon the extension just because you have fallen out with the builder.  I would look for another builder first and carry on.

He's caused extensive damage to my property.  Eg he threw cement down the main manhole, now I need to get block and beam up, expose pipework first and get it checked out. The whole house is gutted to shreds, if there's anyone in surrey who can help out pm me.

21 minutes ago, vik2001 said:

He's caused extensive damage to my property.  Eg he threw cement down the main manhole, now I need to get block and beam up, expose pipework first and get it checked out. The whole house is gutted to shreds, if there's anyone in surrey who can help out pm me.

I'm in Surrey, our current builders have retired but they recommended these guys and I've seen their work before: https://www.sheffbuild.com/

If a structural engineer says I can build of the original footings and build the wall without a cavity so it builds up with the existing walls in the house, does this override the BCO view? Do they have to follow the guidance of the structural engineer

Agree - The BCO isn't going to reject the SE's design, but does need to approve it.

On 25/05/2024 at 23:13, vik2001 said:

He's caused extensive damage to my property.  Eg he threw cement down the main manhole

If it was deliberate, I'd be talking to the police about criminal damage.