Shower screen wobbly

Hi guys was hoping you could help me recently installed a shower screen but when opening and closing the door it is extremely unstable and I’m concerned that after time this could cause damage 

I would appreciate it if anyone could explain what might be causing the issue and what I can do to fix 

I’ve attached a video that shows my issue

https://streamable.com/fhogqo

Looks like you have a top rail not installed - looks to be a bracket there, but attached or not being used. Is the window opening the issue?

52 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Looks like you have a top rail not installed - looks to be a bracket there, but attached or not being used. Is the window opening the issue?

It’s a frameless shower screen design I assume the bar that’s connects the middle of glass is supposed to add stability not sure what you mean about the window 

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/apollo-1200mm-frameless-hinged-shower-door?sku=AP120DR&preSelected=true

IMG_5003.png

42 minutes ago, Jamie rhys said:

not sure what you mean about the window 

Screenshot_2024-05-11-14-41-27-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.407b7de5f5072f2dcbe0e71e1fa028be.jpg

The window at the opposite side of the shower.

So you have a 1200mm long shower base? From what I can see in the video your shower configuration doesn't match the instructions of the linked shower screen as that is supposed to have 3 walls around the shower? Maybe it.is and just don't see it from the recording.

Screenshot_2024-05-11-14-48-23-88_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.202831a528baab57eabd04cf13d95ad2.jpg

Is that what you have?

2 hours ago, dpmiller said:

the top bar would've been better bracing across onto the wall at the window

yes that is what the installer said just trying to work out if it’s been poorly installed or if this is a design flaw 

2 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Screenshot_2024-05-11-14-41-27-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.407b7de5f5072f2dcbe0e71e1fa028be.jpg

The window at the opposite side of the shower.

So you have a 1200mm long shower base? From what I can see in the video your shower configuration doesn't match the instructions of the linked shower screen as that is supposed to have 3 walls around the shower? Maybe it.is and just don't see it from the recording.

Screenshot_2024-05-11-14-48-23-88_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.202831a528baab57eabd04cf13d95ad2.jpg

Is that what you have?

Yeah we have three walls 

image.jpg

The point is, the fixed pane of glass, is supposed to have a stabilising bar from the visible bracket on the top of the fixed pane near the joint to the hinged pain., across to the wall the other side of the shower, in this case near the window.

That seems to be missing, in which case it will wobble like a jelly.

19 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The point is, the fixed pane of glass, is supposed to have a stabilising bar from the visible bracket on the top of the fixed pane near the joint to the hinged pain., across to the wall the other side of the shower, in this case near the window.

That seems to be missing, in which case it will wobble like a jelly.

The only support that was provided with the shower is this one in my photo 

image.jpg

That will do no good whatsoever like that.  Whoever fitted it does not understand.

Unscrew the wall end, it will pivot on it's bracket. Turn it 90 degrees and fix it to the wall over near the window.

I would expect it to be teloscopic, but if not lets prey the installer has not already cut it too short to now reach the other wall.

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That will do no good whatsoever like that.  Whoever fitted it does not understand.

Unscrew the wall end, it will pivot on it's bracket. Turn it 90 degrees and fix it to the wall over near the window.

I would expect it to be teloscopic, but if not lets prey the installer has not already cut it too short to now reach the other wall.

The bar is fixed it can’t pivot and the length of it is 50cm was never cut and the distance to the wall with the window is 80cm and the instructions for the screen does say to fix it to where my installer has put it 

i don’t understand why the screen is so unstable even though no one else seems to have made any bad revives on products similar to this 

IMG_5014.png

8 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

both panel and bracket being screwed through multipanel won't be helping

What would you suggest me doing to reduce the amount of wobble

thanks everyone for helping as well  I appreciate it greatly 

That’s seems a really terrible design of shower screen support.    Just buy a normal one that goes across to attach to the wall with the window.     A bit of work to fill the holes and colour match the filler for sure but it being  a marble design you might get away with it, or get in one of those smart repair people who are very good at that sort of thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, twice round the block said:

1715463156026167006099775692367.jpg

Will buying one of these fix my issues with the instability of the screen? Or am I best to cut my losses and get a different shower screen?

1 hour ago, Jamie rhys said:

Will buying one of these fix my issues with the instability of the screen? Or am I best to cut my losses and get a different shower screen?

I think it’s a crap design like said above, yes a bar across to the other wall will sort it, and is normal for a good design IMO. 

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

I think it’s a crap design like said above, yes a bar across to the other wall will sort it, and is normal for a good design IMO. 

Okay thanks 

and thanks everyone who helped me with this issue I’ll get my installer to get it touch with the supplier to sort this out 

• Like 1