FGS meter cabinet installed upside fecking down and 3 phase already in

Honestly, feeling like banging my head against the wall. The £$%^ that put this in did it fecking wrong. He handed me the door and said to take it away or it would get broke. The electrician went to put on the door today and its upside fecking down so the pins that hold on the door by gravity are arse about face. When the network guys come on Thursday when they unlock it - it will fall off.

The pins are embedded in the door. How can we attach the door? I really try not to swear but there are times.....

57f913cf-a61f-4002-bba3-a1bafce3298c.jpg

I would ring up the twat that did this and ask him what he is going to do to put it right!!!. , oh and he will have to pay the  DNO to disconn/reconn the cable. 🤷‍♂️   Otherwise you could pop rivet some hinges on the fibreglass.

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

Meter box designs are lousy to start with, you only have to walk round any housing estate to see how many are secured in place by duck tape.

Fix some proper hinges and ignore the silly pins and it will be better that it ever was.  I would nut and bolt them on with big washers to spread the load, I fear pop rivets may pull through the thin fibreglass.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CalvinHobbes said:

Honestly, feeling like banging my head against the wall. The £$%^ that put this in did it fecking wrong. He handed me the door and said to take it away or it would get broke. The electrician went to put on the door today and its upside fecking down so the pins that hold on the door by gravity are arse about face. When the network guys come on Thursday when they unlock it - it will fall off.

The pins are embedded in the door. How can we attach the door? I really try not to swear but there are times.....

57f913cf-a61f-4002-bba3-a1bafce3298c.jpg

Don't worry, it will still leak whether it's upside down or not...

Simon

• Haha 1

Thanks the spark messaged me today to say he sorted it. I am heading over tomorrow to await network guys who will in theory connect a meter and we will be rocking. Will take a pic and update. Cheers.