HA custom buttons

6 hours ago, JohnMo said:

You have too much time on your hands - work harder

I am working VERY hard ; just not on the build . I found interest in that wanes after 11 yrs .

3 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

With that lovely design work you'll have no problem getting projects from any of the 'big tech' internet greats...

Yes ! Already I’ve had substantial interest from a few blind charities.

2 hours ago, Pocster said:

Yes ! Already I’ve had substantial interest from a few blind charities.

I used to work for the RNIB, they have a special format for computer screens, I used to know the ins and outs quite well.

They also took advantage of Alt Text to get JAWS to read out the screen.

Trouble was, I left the 'o' out of the sentence 'counting children'.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Pocster said:

@NailBiter why are you confused ?

Looking at it you don’t get “ eye cancer “ now . It’s a dashboard to report status ( almost zero functionality on purpose , so it’s SWMBO proof ) .

For me that background and those colours would be too much. To each their own though.

• Like 1

I think the https://bbc.co.uk is a really good example of how less can be more with this type of design.

The goal is to convey information clearly at a glance vs having to squint. It is much easier to use for those who see well and is the difference between something being somewhat usable and totally unusable for the visually impaired.

6 minutes ago, NailBiter said:

I think the https://bbc.co.uk is a really good example of how less can be more with this type of design.

The goal is to convey information clearly at a glance vs having to squint. It is much easier to use for those who see well and is the difference between something being somewhat usable and totally unusable for the visually impaired.

I used to work at the RNIB, very few companies follow the 'Right to read' protocols.

It is a shame as they are simple to follow and implement.

But try getting even a basic website like this to one do a very simple change has proved to be impossible, even before it went live.

Ain't that right @ToughButterCup.