Document M4 cloakroom toilet

Hi, 

Currently building a new build property. We are wondering if we could put a sink behind the toilet in our only downstairs toilet? Unsure if this would pass document m4. 
Something like this. https://victoriaplum.com/browse/all-toilets/type_Close-coupled-toilets?csi=COMPACT01&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwz42xBhB9EiwA48pT72Jha4d4Z2BfqiP5-hUavGmKBUGgah3SdAgJ6MGE6ZVuM8w0tZnzpxoCvVEQAvD_BwE
Thanks 

Yes 

Once over BC where pretty keen on DS loo dimensions for disabled access 

Most of this is now largely ignored with loos squeezed in amazingly tight places 

Don’t install something you will hate, just to comply. 
find a better solution. 
a mate of mine recessed a small sink 90mm into a stud wall to get the required clearance. 
remember you only need a square of 750mm in front of the toilet for disabled regs. 

49 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

Although it’s actually a rectangle, 900mm wide x 750mm deep 😄

I’ve just re read M4 and you are correct on room size. 
I’ve been going by some drawing I have see of clear uninterrupted space of 750 square. 
with the 900 wide I believe the basin can project into that 900 width. 

2 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

@Russell griffiths Paragraph 1.17c states the basin should not impede the space. Diagram 1.4 on the following page however does show a slight basin encroachment.

That’s because the whb can impede on the space as long as its wall hung without floor support or a pedestal - hence not impeding access.

• Like 1