Could we have a row of 3 pan drawers the whole way on the outer wall with a kitchen sink one up from the end?

I looked at our kychen plains and think they are too fussy. Simplifying it for symmetry.

so then island has dishwasher and drawes and overhang for high chairs.

S9 could we have a row of 3 pan drawers the whole way on the outer wall with a kitchen sink one up from the end? Thinking of the way they do those u shaped vanity drawers.

2 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

I was all for multiple drawers everywhere. Then I saw the price.....

Whilst more expensive, they are considerably more functional. We currently have two banks of 800mm wide 3 pan drawers with all our cutlery, utensils, knives, plates, bowls, cutting boards, bags, gloves, tea towels, baking trays, roasting dishes, and loads more in them. On the other side of the room are pull-out drawers behind doors for all of our foodstuffs, with the ovens and warming drawer above them. Wouldn't change a thing, and one of the key "requirements" in any new kitchen is to have as many drawers as possible.

To the OP, even if you don't have the skills or can't get someone to do something like the u shaped vanity drawer for you, you could always "false" fix the top drawer front without a drawer behind it.

• Like 1

The top pan drawer under the sink might have to be a fixed drawer front.

Perhaps order a full drawer and just fit the front if there are clearance issues with the sink or it's trap.

• Like 1

We have drawers everywhere £££. But they are a lot more useful. You can get the U shaped drawers for under the sink as we have one. However it fouled the bottom of our sink and didn’t leave enough room for the Quooker so be mindful of that. How we got around that was to have half depth drawers made up. They are big enough to be practical. 

Diy kitchens on-line also do undersink U shaped drawers. We have one of those in the utility room. It’s a wire drawer. 

Edited by Kelvin
  • Like 1

Just to complete this with pictures. The top picture is the Diy online kitchens under sink drawer. The second picture is the U shaped Blum under sink drawer that didn’t fit as it fouled the bottom of the sink and the Quooker wouldn’t fit behind it. The bottom picture is how we fixed that problem with the two half depth drawers one of which  I cut down at the back to get it to clear the sink. 

IMG_1809.thumb.jpeg.08b666a5d8ae221a88c2a6124c2ecd94.jpegIMG_1810.thumb.jpeg.124ea03b2f3308087020f993be961fdb.jpegIMG_1807.thumb.jpeg.f18d0e0817a1a2aedc4644325a42aa90.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2