Saturday night nonsense

Tennentslager

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to work out a comparative explanation using everyday objects.

The sugar cubes would be about half the size of the Milky Way which is about 100,000 light years in diameter

So, if the Milky Way is a Basketball and the sun is a tiny tiny grain of dust...the earth would be the size of a microbes bollocks...then

Then answer is a football! Easy???

Been trying to work out a comparative explanation using everyday objects.

The sugar cubes would be about half the size of the Milky Way which is about 100,000 light years in diameter

So, if the Milky Way is a Basketball and the sun is a tiny tiny grain of dust...the earth would be the size of a microbes bollocks...then

Then answer is a football! Easy???

DNvg4-yXUAY3tks.jpg.33e6417700864347a9276eefda95b1e2.jpg

Ed, I'm not sure I can explain anything much other than factorial equation to arrive at number of cm.

That's a big big number do has been simplified along the way including converted from metric to imperial the from miles to light years...it didn't go as far as parsecs.

#steamytea included jokers do started with 54 cards in the deck...so his calculations arrive at a much bigger number.

My answer is of course a football??

I recall reading that every time you give a fresh deck of cards a good shuffle, you very likely arrive at a combination that has never existed in history. The number of possible permutations is 51!, or: 

80,658,175,170,943,878,571,660,636,856,403,766,975,289,505,440,883,277,824,000,000,000,000

• 5 weeks later...