Hitachi ASHP any good?

From what I’ve read online, Hitachi are one of the best. I was considering them but found a really good price on a Midea unit and got that one instead.

If price is good, I’d definitely go for the Hitachi, they’ve been around forever..

Edited by akjos

40 minutes ago, akjos said:

Midea unit

If look closely at that and Hitachi monobloc there is little of difference, make you wonder if they are the same machine rebadged

Thanks after it bit of research looks to be a good unit. 

My only concern not knowing much about split units it

- If gas is removed how easy is it for parts to become damaged from moisture.

- I won't be installing for a year or so can these be stored properly dry or what would be the best way.

Also any considerations for transport? 

Hitachi Yutaki 16kw split system here, 5 years in.  Can't fault it (other than a minor purge valve leak), but it is probably over-spec'd so doesn't work too hard.  The only word of caution I'd add is to try and ensure that there's someone local to you that will service whatever you choose.  After I 'delisted' my installer (for consistent reluctance to get his @rse round for annual servicing), I've found that the limited number of 'ASHP engineer' alternatives locally like to stick to their preferred brands and I've ended up using an aircon company for servicing.

1 hour ago, Roundtuit said:

Hitachi Yutaki 16kw split system here, 5 years in.  Can't fault it (other than a minor purge valve leak), but it is probably over-spec'd so doesn't work too hard.  The only word of caution I'd add is to try and ensure that there's someone local to you that will service whatever you choose.  After I 'delisted' my installer (for consistent reluctance to get his @rse round for annual servicing), I've found that the limited number of 'ASHP engineer' alternatives locally like to stick to their preferred brands and I've ended up using an aircon company for servicing.

Out of interest, how much is a typical annual service? 

Often things like G3 can be hidden in UVCs and filters in MVHR which often have a very large % impact in annual costs, especially for efficient users. 

22 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

Out of interest, how much is a typical annual service?

I've just paid £85 +vat for a service on the external unit, but as they're principally aircon engineers they don't do any more than a cursory glance over the indoor unit.  I check/clean the water strainer on the indoor unit myself. I tried to get a plumber to service the uvc/expansion vessel, but they pretty much said its a waste of time and no-one bothers...

• Like 1