Confused on price ASHP

1 hour ago, sharpener said:

We have considered the application and the proposed make and location of the heat pump. The pump is a low noise pump with sound pressure level at 3m being around 36-38dB. The nearest neighbouring residence is further away than this and there would be no direct line of sight with windows to a habitable room. Therefore we do not anticipate that there would be any unreasonable noise impact from this unit.

And that's their decision, you are lucky.

My lpa on the other hand has rejected a proposal that would result in a sound pressure of 33dBA at the neighbouring residence (that's 4dB below the PD standard), also with no direct line of sight, and wants me to demonstrate that I can achieve 25dBA (which I can't) and is why I am appealing the decision.

The 25dBA requirement is based on an internal policy, the actual text of, or rationale for, which they will not release even under FOI, but which they admit has been not been subject to scrutiny either by elected councillors or by the public.

Those who think they can make assumptions that LPAs will be reasonable, or even logical, when interpreting the PD rules run the risk that their LPA is like mine not like yours!

Oh, I should add that my lpa is run by the 'Green' party!  I put green in inverted commas for reasons I am sure all can deduce.

Edited by JamesPa
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, JamesPa said:

The 25dBA requirement is based on an internal policy, the actual text of, or rationale for, which they will not release even under FOI, but which they admit has been not been subject to scrutiny either by elected councillors or by the public.

That’s terrible and wrong, best of luck with your appeal. I appealed my planning refusal and won (I found the appeal process and staff much better than planners)