Should’ve seen this coming...!

49 minutes ago, Grosey said:

What a goon, CCTV was installed 6 months ago, Boiler was installed today...

Dont feel sorry for me, it’s made me laugh quite hard and my Facebook friends laugh even harder!

Brilliant ?

19 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Sory not making sense. looks like snow falling off a roof? What am I looking at?

My boiler flue has essentially created a smoke machine completely engulfing my security camera, which is 10x worse in night vision :P

15 minutes ago, Stones said:

If nothing else, you have an extremely good flue monitoring system :D

Haha well I’ve left it running overnight to commission the underfloor and heat the slab, I am actually finding it useful to pop on to the cameras and check it’s still running as I don’t live at the property, every cloud... haha

Edited by Grosey

@Nickfromwales can confirm this, or otherwise, but you may be able to fix this with a flue extension.  A new house was built up the road from us a couple of years ago, and they had to fit a sort of "periscope" arrangement to their boiler flue, to avoid it blowing out across a footpath, and something like that might be a solution for your problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JSHarris said:

@Nickfromwales can confirm this, or otherwise, but you may be able to fix this with a flue extension.  A new house was built up the road from us a couple of years ago, and they had to fit a sort of "periscope" arrangement to their boiler flue, to avoid it blowing out across a footpath, and something like that might be a solution for your problem.

Yup. These kinds of thing :-

image.jpeg.3c2984c7307190f10eef647602652818.jpeggimage.jpeg.7c18d3d075b380fa1a74ac5da13f0456.jpeg

These are called, "plume management kits" and can be all sorts of crazy arrangements for redirecting nuisance plume. ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.077dec410533eca177be135439484519.jpeg

Thanks, @Nickfromwales, those first photos look exactly like the "periscope" arrangement on the house down the road, and are exactly what I was thinking of.  I shall try and remember that they are called plume management kits!

It looks easy enough to retrofit one of these to an installation, looking those photos, so my guess is that one may offer an easy fix for the problem that @Grosey is having.

Unfortunately I can’t see the wife agreeing to any form of plume management!

Its not too bad during the day, the night vision makes it much worse. I’ll see how it works out over time but it’s more likely to become a security camera move than anything else. 

Photo shows it running now in daytime -

970A487A-6E13-400A-B682-9E3AC79168A5.png