Minimum width between two internal doors

LiamJones

Planning on having two internal doors quite close to each other.

These doors openings need to be formed in the block work going up tomorrow. Is 300mm of block sufficient inbetween two door rough door openings? It’s a single skin internal block wall. There will be a stud wall inbetween the two doors. 

300mm gives me 150mm bearing for each lintel.

IMG_9279.jpeg

Where is the stud wall going. 
is it just to fill the gap between the two doors. 

mark all this out on the floor properly, there’s nothing worse than seeing architrave stuffed up against something with little thought to getting a good aesthetic look. 

you need to know architrave size and door sizes. 

stud wall is going straight down the middle! 68mm architrave set back 3mm from the liner. The liner (with packers) is approx 40mm in from the rough opening. That means the architrave extends past the opening 31mm. With the proposed 300mm gap between openings, and a 130mm finished stud wall central, leaves 69mm either side to the architrave. I think that sounds okay, although @Conorsuggested min 100mm between architrave and wall. That’d require a min 362mm between the two rough openings, that sounds like it’d be okay. I want the doors in the corners of the room to maximum space in the room. At 362mm apart, the door would be hinged about 171mm in from the stud wall. I think that sounds good and what I’ll probably go with! Thanks

Thanks @ETC! Love being able to point to regs! So for my situation when the floor joist spans that sit on the wall are less than 4.5m. The gap between openings need to be the equal or greater than 1/6th of the combined opening widths. (920 + 920) / 6 = 307mm

Single Lintel every time.  We had a similar one, 300mm wide block pillar brickie's hated it, potentially unstable until the lintels go on, and the adjoining stud wall. 

image.thumb.png.d900e25004f481c553dd2b06220c0cc3.png

• Like 1