A question for the tile aficionado's

Sent the Missus down to a local Independents tile warehouse on Saturday morning with one aim...  Find a tile that we can cover the whole groundfloor with.  'Must be Italian or Spanish cos that's what @nod from the internet says' I said.  Have a few colours in it to makes complimenting, or contrasting a little easier.

Anyhow, she's found these wood effect tiles from Keratile (alen forest), I wasn't really thinking of wood effect, but I can live with them.  The independent offered them at 28inc VAT per m2 straight away, so there must be deal to be had.  First offer isn't always the best is it?  Is Keratile a decent'ish manufacturer of tiles, or will these bend like banana's and cause the pro a nightmare.  Should I look to a different brand, now I can see what she likes, if so any recommendations?  I have that Roccia place bookmarked.

image.thumb.jpeg.86648303df5affd29eb59e2ae2c3f081.jpeg

Ta

Marek

Ex specially so with the porcelain planks 

The Italian planks are more realistic prints and usually have 16-25 variations of pattern 

Most shop prices are 45-55

Expect to drop down to 30-33

• Thanks 1

Have some of these Porcelanosa wood effect tiles which we really like. A different look to the tiles you have shown.

They are quite a bit more expensive at low £30s per sq metre + VAT  if I remember correctly.

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

15 hours ago, AliG said:

Have some of these Porcelanosa wood effect tiles which we really like. A different look to the tiles you have shown.

They are quite a bit more expensive at low £30s per sq metre + VAT  if I remember correctly.

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

Very nice.

19 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

The independent offered them at 28inc VAT per m2 straight away, so there must be deal to be had

Can’t comment on the wood pattern tiles but Presleys will give a discount for quantity, very easy to deal with.

• Like 1

We got similar from Topps. Big discount for what they call a pallet order, which I think means too much for the car. I think this can vary by region and branch.

Still close to £30/m2 but it's classy.

All long tiles bend and you need a wedge and clip system to lay them, which will add a few£ /m2.

You must see an opened pack to look closely at the pattern. Does it look like a print or wood?

How many repeats? Real wood has zero repeats. The shop people don't necessarily ' get it' that this may matter. The display panels can even have coincident patterns which shows they don't understand.

But that's me, and maybe it doesn't matter to you, or visitors or future buyers.

With 15 to 20 patterns and reversing you have 30 to 40 ways.

• Thanks 1

is it worth say narrowing the choice down to rectified tiles only, or would this be counterproductive?  Pricewise I'm happy up to 30-35 per m2, Obviously I'd love a bargain too.  I'm not too arsed about posh branding or glitzy showrooms either.