Present from the postman

We came home Saturday event to find the postman had almost demolished Snapping one post and badly twisting the other our oak porch I’ll I’ve ordered two new oak posts and barge board Il have to strip the roof and under boarding They have agreed to pay me 4K to sort it out I really don’t have two days spare at the moment 

But the house is sold and we can’t leave it like that 

Just to add Apart from knocking it down in the first place The Royal mail have been excellent 

B044F1DF-4A5C-4EF6-91E8-A69FD0B71E15.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, nod said:

We came home Saturday event to find the postman had almost demolished Snapping one post and badly twisting the other our oak porch I’ll I’ve ordered two new oak posts and barge board Il have to strip the roof and under boarding They have agreed to pay me 4K to sort it out I really don’t have two days spare at the moment 

But the house is sold and we can’t leave it like that 

Just to add Apart from knocking it down in the first place The Royal mail have been excellent 

B044F1DF-4A5C-4EF6-91E8-A69FD0B71E15.jpeg

453E47AE-FE80-4E5A-96DD-01ADBCE4F22B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

That’s a pia. At least they fessed up to it quickly. I’ve planned my driveway such that we have a parking and turn area away from the house with the fence between it and the house for this very reason. 

You can plan for this 

Theres absolutely no need for any vehicle to be near the house There’s a massive area where we can drive on and off 

1 hour ago, nod said:

You can plan for this 

Theres absolutely no need for any vehicle to be near the house There’s a massive area where we can drive on and off 

Yep but I don’t trust delivery drivers hence the fence which I fully expect to get whacked but it’s several metres from the house. 

3 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Yep but I don’t trust delivery drivers hence the fence which I fully expect to get whacked but it’s several metres from the house. 

I don’t think a fence would have stoped him 

He’s split an 8” oak post in half 

Said his foot slipped off the clutch 

13 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I hope it has sufficiently strong bollards in it, unlike the one outside the Primary School in Wimbledon.

Or the kind of rock that features in Rock Cam (personally I'd go for a bigger one).

I'm a huge fan of the World Bollard Association, bith for its corporate objective of making BMWs extinct one at a time, and also for the Dogs and Bollards theme.

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I hope it has sufficiently strong bollards in it, unlike the one outside the Primary School in Wimbledon.

Or the kind of rock that features in Rock Cam (personally I'd go for a bigger one).

I'm a huge fan of the World Bollard Association, bith for its corporate objective of making BMWs extinct one at a time, and also for the Dogs and Bollards theme.

It’d be hard to get enough speed up 😂 

I suspect we're a bit more exposed than you are Gary, so we swopped our horrible, but oh-so useful container for these lumps of limestone. The difference is that we are expecting to have to defend the front of our house because of the open-front design: there's no wall between us and the single-track road.

PXL_20231206_101047013.thumb.jpg.351c4ea2bcf836eb874627c2d11dbcc7.jpg

Have a guess who hit one of these first while parking .... well, we had been to the pub. And it was just a 'touch' I'm never ever gonna live it down. 😑 She was in the car with me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

I suspect we're a bit more exposed than you are Gary, so we swopped our horrible, but oh-so useful container for these lumps of limestone. The difference is that we are expecting to have to defend the front of our house because of the open-front design: there's no wall between us and the single-track road.

PXL_20231206_101047013.thumb.jpg.351c4ea2bcf836eb874627c2d11dbcc7.jpg

Have a guess who hit one of these first while parking .... well, we had been to the pub. And it was just a 'touch' I'm never ever gonna live it down. 😑 She was in the car with me.

I scraped the corner of my car on my front wall.

I have left the scratches there in the hope of deterring anyone tempted to steal it by making them do a bit more work before passing it on.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I have done every panel on my car, where I live is like Stapleford, it is the place that stolen cars get torched.

Mine was expensive enough that I don't want to lose it.

Albeit I did not pay +10k for the corresponding, less practical, VW or +20k for the corresponding, less practical, Audi which also comes with a reputation for driven-by-hoons.