Cutting Nudura at angles

Hi everyone,

Been really cracking on with my build after Isotex balls up and im loving the Nudura, what a great product.

I'm fast approaching my ground floor pour and I'm thinking ahead to the gables, I have an attached garage so it will come along fairly soon.

I have a 42° pitch, anyone have any tips on cutting the block best at that angle and also how to measure out the angle? A big protractor?! 

Cheers

Probably not a very helpful suggestion, but that's why I like a 45 degree roof pitch, everything is so much easier.

But a more useful suggestion I made a big square out of 3 bits of timber forming a 3, 4 , 5 triangle.  you could make a similar jig but calculated to give you a 42 degree angle.

• Thanks 1

I’ve built in Nudura so a couple of ideas. 

Cut a plywood template, add a couple of bits of roof batten to it so you can lay it on the face af the block and it runs parallel with the block edge every time. 

Or you can build up to just below your gable and screw a batten to the face of the block up at an angle that you need, then snap on the next block, then cut along the batten, this method you might need to get to the outside face to do the cuts, or you need to un snap them and cut on the floor. 

• Thanks 1

As a regular user of Nudura, what I love best about the block, build the blocks together on the floor, they all lock together, then lay it on it's side, flat on the floor. make sure to oversize it

Once laid on the floor, use your truss drawings and layout the cut lines on the block, verify you have done it correctly, the heel height, the peak, double/triple check it all, now you can cut the block, flip it over on the floor, transfer all measurements and cut the other side

Depending on the size of your gable you may (with the help of 1-2 people) lift the gable end up on top of the wall and snap it into place, if its to big you might need to dissemble some of it to get it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build an appropriately sized rectangle the use maths to mark out your two triangles.  The smaller the gap between your hypotenuse lines, the lower the volume of waste.  Adjust your rectangle to get the lines closer together.

A combination of circular saw, recip and hand saw.

An appropriate offcut put into the blocks can stop it collapsing whilst being cut.

PXL_20230323_100417003.jpg

PXL_20230323_101724609.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...