Cutting tool for 20mm Porcelain Tiles

Adam2

I've laid all the full tiles on my terrace (on pedestals) and now about to attack the edges - the tiles are 20mm porcelain 600x600. About 30 tiles to cut. I'd like to get a non or very minimally chipped top edge - what should I use for this? I understand the cutting disc is really important and I need a wet cutter.

Would a simple table like this https://www.toolstation.com/vitrex-power-pro-750w-wet-tile-cutter/p82003?store=LQ&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed

With a decent blade like this https://pureadhesion.co.uk/rubi-porcelain-tile-diamond-rim-machine-blade-cpc-180mm-30955/

be up to the job?

Or do I need a big machine like this  https://tools4trade.co.uk/products/excel-1250mm-wet-tile-cutter-bridge-saw-240v-1200w?variant=42311376273605&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOoo12F815X3zguW7QZLU7TscCY51PE_vmPOLbFPYaUAjtbeUW5wJGE4

which maybe I should rent? I guess a blade that comes down into the tile face may mean a cleaner cut?

cheers for info

I use an angle grinder with a turbo blade on most things 

Ive a couple of Robi zero dust cutters 

Which are handy if your in an enclosed area and several floors up 

But a bit big for moving around 

• Like 1

I was surprised how well a cheap electric tile saw worked.

I thought as long as it survived one project it was worth it. Kitchen and shower room,  floor and walls

Only 12mm tiles, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for 20mm apart from patience failing and pushing too hard that it strains the motor.

Didn't even need to change the disc. £50 was worth it.

I've never used a professional one, so can't compare.

• Like 1

I bought a 620mm wet bridge saw for around £150 back in 2010. I did all my floor tiles, roof tiles and sandstone paving with it, and at the end, the bridge bearings were knackered so I gave it away. Used several blades but always got clean cuts with no chips.

• Like 1

Thanks all - in the end I found a Rubi table saw for a bargain locally so have that - did a test and even with the blade left in it it cuts cleanly through the 20mm tiles 🙂 Only issue is the amount of noise this is going to make, my neighbours probably thought I'd finished making a racket!

4 hours ago, Adam2 said:

Thanks all - in the end I found a Rubi table saw for a bargain locally so have that - did a test and even with the blade left in it it cuts cleanly through the 20mm tiles 🙂 Only issue is the amount of noise this is going to make, my neighbours probably thought I'd finished making a racket!

If it’s a zero dust table you can do all your cutting inside the house with the windows closed