Farmers know how to recycle

We finished boarding the third of three barn conversion for a local farmer 

I normally order a skip But he said Stak em out bak sev ye cash

He turned up this afternoon Dug a massive hole and pushed the pb off cuts and pallets in 

Couldn’t get any worse Wrong Ge then tipped two 5 gallon diesel containers in and a bit of petrol for good measure Then lit it 😌

• Sad 1

There is an old storyline in the Archers about5 Brian Aldridge, as a young man, allowing some containers to be buried on his land.

30 years later, they leak and contaminate the River Am.

He had to sell the family home and some of his land to pay for it all.

Farmers eh, custodians of the landscape, making the countryside better for future generations.

If you are certain that you are not liable, in any way, for this, wait till his cheque has cleared and report the wanker.

• Like 1

I worked at a caravan dealer, washing the vans on weekends for a bit of cash. All their bangers (£1000 and under, i.e. the ones Joe Public wouldn't touch) would get sold to highway construction workers in bulk. They were for the workers to live in whilst working on new roads and when they were coming to the end of the job, they'd get flattened and dumped under said road. Apparently there's a fair few under the M18... 

• Haha 1

On the subject of farmers, I borrow a tele handler of a local one for odd jobs; fixing the chimney etc. I was speaking with him about renovating our bathroom; knocking the old tiles and plaster off, ceilings down etc. He said I should have brought it all round to him and he'd have used it as hardcore!