Cherrypicker stilts broken/detached

Danthebuilder

Hi all

I have an older cherrypicker with extending outriggers and the stilts at the end with a spinning handle for the raising/lowering feet. Obviously there is a thread in there. Two of the stilts have become dethatched internally so I'm sticking breeze blocks under the outriggers.

Basically the feet just drop/are lose and the handle just spins.

Does anyone know how to fix this? The breeze blocks are annoying as I have to use a car jack to get the cherrypicker firm.

Thanks for any ideas.

DONT use breeze blocks or bricks,  they can crumble, best to use blocks of wood. No I know nothing about the mechanics of your machine, can you not get a schematic diagram from the internet to discover what’s inside? Send us a pic.

Edited by joe90

• 3 weeks later...

Will it come apart? Have you tried? It’s obviously a thread device hence the winding handle on top, if it’s like a similar trailer leg it will unscrew completely and drop down so you can see what it’s like (if you can get the chassis high enough.) then you need to get the handle assembly out of that square tube, I can see any fixings on your photo 🤷‍♂️
just looked at the diagram above, if you can get part no 2 off, the jack assembly should fall out.

Edited by joe90

Thanks. Yes, I was all along wondering if I could lift the chassis high enough for the leg to drop out, then I'd see some sort of mechanism and maybe a hint why it has failed. The fact that three have all done the same suggests to me it's not a complex issue. The handle appears not to be held on in any obvious way. I think I'll try to tip the chassis and see if a leg will come out. Cheers.