Running soil pipe through stepped floor void

jayc89

We're going to have 2x ensuite's back-to-back, one stepped approx 200mm below the other. The lower void being the nearest to the SVP. I need to figure out the best way for the internal soil pipe to navigate this step down. 2x 90 degree bends might work (not sure if I have the clearance for that within the void), but are two bends and two changes of direction in quick succession suitable? Don't fancy any blockages!

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 11.51.26.png

Use 2x45s and create a void at the juncture between room #1 and room #2 if required. We had to do this but luckily all hidden above kitchen units, just built a bulkhead above right to the ceiling. What's your floor structure and do you have a suspended ceiling for services?

image.png.3d676974f237976ee0e82db2abae94a2.png

Edited by Conor

4 minutes ago, Conor said:

Use 2x45s and create a void at the juncture between room #1 and room #2 if required. We had to do this but luckily all hidden above kitchen units, just built a bulkhead above right to the ceiling. What's your floor structure and do you have a suspended ceiling for services?

image.png.3d676974f237976ee0e82db2abae94a2.png

Ensuite #1 floor is solid joists, Ensuite #2 floor will likely be pozi joists. In both cases the joists will run the "right" way. I.e. left to right in the diagram. Neither have suspended ceilings below. I could probably box in within ensuite #2 to avoid anything in the rooms below. 

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

If the 330mm brick wall is not built yet, build in an opening, bridged at the top with a lintel, to create a space for the pipe to rise between rooms.

Unfortunately it's already there. It was once the external wall of the original part of the property, which is probably why the floor is stepped after that, but doesn't really explain it!

Third question - is 100mm solvent weld "a thing"? My BM is struggling to get hold of any, my plan was to have my bath/shower/basin drains all connect into the 110mm pipe using branches and reducers. I'm assuming 110mm solvent weld pipe is like 32/40/50mm pipe and differently sized to 110mm push fit pipe, so mixing the two wouldn't work? (I'd prefer solvent weld everywhere internally and somehow converting to push fit externally)

This is the sort of thing I was thinking;

Screenshot2023-09-29at18_59_46.thumb.png.a6bd4800b6268e800a56dc67afcc20af.png

All internal plumbing is new, which I'd prefer to do in solvent weld, the SVP already exists and is push fit. I could probably run the single shower run in 40mm, but I'd have plenty of 50mm pipe left over, so why not!?