New development seems overcrowded. Is this even permitted?

Loz100

Hi

I have attached pictures of the proposed new development to land adjacent to our property 

They are wanting to place 4 bungalows on the site & each one only has 1m between them so windows will face the other bungalows wall feet away

is this likely to get approved? 
the developers have told me that pre approval for 4 dwellings was agree in principle by the LA

It just seems too small a plot for 4.

The dwellings will also look into our side bedroom windows.

I know that 21m is preferred between facing habitable rooms but does it matter that my daughters bedroom window is slightly higher to fit her headboard under?

Does it matter that my dons back bedroom window is his primary window & the 2 small side ones as additional? Surely, privacy is still an issue even though not his main window?

Will that be considered?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you

IMG_8723.jpeg

IMG_8919.jpeg

IMG_8918.jpeg

Can't help directly, but a couple of relevant points;

In one of my previous houses, it was sold as a detached, but there was only about 1.5m between them. Our landing window overlooked the neighbours wall, they didn't have any windows on that elevation.

When extending our currently property, the proposal some 8m away from the neighbours boundary (back garden) however our planning constant stipulates all first floor windows that look out that way needed to be frosted. 

1 hour ago, Loz100 said:

Even though the proposed bedroom windows are only 5m away from our bedroom windows? Surely privacy concerns?

your best bet is for them to add frosted glass 

But that unlikely With planning regs relaxed Lack of privacy rarely holts things 

You can raise an objection online at your LPA's planning portal (assuming it's still under discussion) citing overlooking, quote distances, identify which windows etc. You probably won't stop the development, but there's a good chance the planners will, at least, specify that the developers use opaque glass and/or non-opening windows in the right places.  

4 hours ago, Temp said:

Could you ask them to mirror their proposal so the gardens are next to your house rather than the new bungalows. Would be low cost to the builder.

Mind you, that would make the living rooms face the OPs house which might be less acceptable. Be careful to only object to proper planning considerations.