Philips Hue remote control not working

We are abroad on holiday, and I was relying on our Philips hue lights (we have about 20 of them) to simulate occupancy at our house whilst we are away. To my great annoyance, yesterday remote access suddenly stopped working. I was, for about 24h, able to control them via my Alexa app, but now that has stopped working as well.

I can reboot my internet remotely, but that’s not doing anything for the Philips Hue. I asked my cleaning lady to unplug the bridge and plug it back in. She did that, and it temporarily fixed the access, but via Alexa only. Now the Alexa access has stopped again. It’s all rather disappointing for the money I’ve invested in it. Pretty pathetic really, as was working flawlessly for the last 6 months or so, although to be honest I rarely had cause to access it remotely.

Any thoughts?

Occasionally, with my Hue system in the previous house, I had to actually reset the Hue bridge rather than simply switching it off and on to solve problems like this. Hue has a holiday mode are you using this or are you going in remotely every day switching lights on and off? 

Are you using any Powerline type adapters on your network? 

3 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

just to be clear you can still see the rest of your network remotely EG doorbell and the remote reset is actually working.

Yes, my ring cameras are still working, and my Ubiquiti dream router can still be rebooted remotely. 

2 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Hue has a holiday mode are you using this or are you going in remotely every day switching lights on and off? 

No, I had a routine set up on two lights (which I set up through Alexa), but otherwise I was just going into the app on an ad hoc basis and toggling lights on and off. I wish I had known about the holiday mode. Where is that setting? 
i find the Philips Hue app pretty basic. Couldn’t see how to set up a timed schedule, for example.

Is Hue stuff made in China?

Post up your login details and I shall have a go at setting them.

My free to set up secure webserver, running on a 10 quid Raspberry Pi is still running reliably.

Shows it is 18.6⁰C in my back garden.

Edited by SteamyTea

39 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

How are you logging into that and how is the rest of your network protected?

It uses the TOR network.

Set up as read only at the moment I hope.

When I get a bit of spare time i.e. not decorating, I intend to play with it a bit more.

The rest of the network should be safe, until then as I can only log in in the local network via PuTTY/WinSCP/DOS command prompt. One of the things I want to learn about is using certificates as authentication.

If you want to have a go at cracking into it, I can send you a link. Though I have posted it up here before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pocster said:

You lot are (expletive deleted)ed when AI comes to lick your goaties 

Maybe, but us Luddite’s will still have things working when your cloud, smartphone, IT network, Wi-Fi  gets hacked and controlled by the Russians/Chinese 🙄