Hey

planners have said should be issuing my approved planning notice Monday which is great news.

it’s a householder planning application for the demolition of the garage, an extension and a loft conversion. All in its under 100m2 additional space so is not liable for CIL.

If the planners haven’t asked for any CIL forms, E.g Form 1, do I need to do anything else? 

Caution. I might be wrong but I think they only deduct the demolished space when calculating the amount of CIL to be paid, not when working out if the "new area" is over 100 sqm.

So if you were to knock down 200sqm and rebuild 250sqm they would say the new area is 250 sqm which over the 100qm so the CIL must be calculated. The amount would be calculated on 250-200= 50sqm.

If you start work before claiming the exemption you loose it.

3 minutes ago, Temp said:

Caution. I might be wrong but I think they only deduct the demolished space when calculating the amount of CIL to be paid, not when working out if the "new area" is over 100 sqm.

So if you were to knock down 200sqm and rebuild 250sqm they would say the new area is 250 sqm which over the 100qm so the CIL must be calculated. The amount would be calculated on 250-200= 50sqm.

If you start work before claiming the exemption you loose it.

Plus 1

Planners don’t tend to get involved 

Very quick to sort out over the phone and email 

6 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

The additions are calculated as what you are adding, say 125 square meters, less what you are knocking down, say 30 square mt. Therefore net addition is 95 square meters. Under 100 square meters = nil CIL Liability.

I checked and you are correct because no new dwelling is being constructed.

If a new dwelling was being created there would be a cil liability on the 95 sqm even though it's less than 100sqm.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

Plans have just been approved, the delegated report contains the following text;

The proposed development is not liable for the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) given less than 100 square metres and, notwithstanding this, Cabinet resolved on 7-December-2015 to no longer apply CIL to domestic extensions.

In my circumstances, I didn't need to submit any CIL forms, so all is good here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Well done. Bloody CIL is going to cost me £80k if i dont keep the gaff for 3 years.

Hope you are in good health. Remember this thread...

• Thanks 1