Air tightness tape...

HughF

I'm looking for a 2" wide air tightness tape to seal the corners joints of my cavity closers, and seal the front edge of the closer to the internal blockwork.

From the numerous types available on greenbuildingstore, which one should I go for? It will need to live happily underneath d&d plasterboard reveals...

I used Tescon Vana, available from a German supplier on ebay much cheaper than any UK supplier (but you might now have to pay VAT and duty when you import it.

Siga Sicral (sp?) is another really good one but more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HughF said:

Blimey this is tenacious stuff… anyway, it sealed where it needed to seal.

82AEBF6A-F66B-4157-AE3A-06D63B5AF9B0.jpeg

I needed an extra roll of airtight tape and bought this stuff to a) see what it's like b) didn't want to wait for tescon Vana delivery!

it is very sticky and certainly does the job but, tbh, I prefer the Tescon Vana tape as I like the feel of the material type finish rather than the very plastic feeling AirGuard tape. but it seems to stick well.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up sealing all the cavity closers back to the inner leaf and all the corners. It’s horrible stuff to apply into a corner as the release liner is paper, so you can’t easily pull it out from between things without it tearing, and it’s not a split liner.

I foamed all the windows inside and out with fm330, didn’t tape the windows back to the closers because I ran out of time before the builders came back and boarded.

What’s done is done….