Can you help me tidy up this socket

Adsibob

The plot thickens… the reason it is such a bulky plug is that it is actually a European two pin plug that is housed within a three-pin adaptor. Any issue just cutting the European one off and wiring it with a three pin one? Won’t there be a wire missing?

Sorry for the stupid questions, electrics really not my forte.

Edited by Adsibob

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Cut that plug off and fit a normal 13 amp plug

+2

Are we a nation that has forgotten how to fit a 13A plug?

When I was younger and had a small house, I had a bit of OCD and every single plug in the house was exactly the same type.

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Are we a nation that has forgotten how to fit a 13A plug?

I can do it and have done it before, but not come across a situation where I’m rewiring a Euro plug as a UK one. Also, hasn’t realised this plug was unusually bulky because of the adaptor housing when I first started this post - apologies everyone.

2 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

I can do it and have done it before, but not come across a situation where I’m rewiring a Euro plug as a UK one. Also, hasn’t realised this plug was unusually bulky because of the adaptor housing when I first started this post - apologies everyone.

No different to any other cable, if it's only 2 core, you ignore the earth pin.  Making it less bulky is a good reason to change it.